Lahey Health Shared Services is part of a vibrant and growing health care system, recognized as a trailblazer in medicine and a standard bearer in patient experience. It includes an award-winning academic medical center, a superb constellation of community hospitals, home care services, rehabilitation facilities and more.
We are committed to attracting, developing and retaining top talent in a market long recognized and revered as a global leader in health. With a team approach to care, we encourage learning and growth at all levels, and we offer competitive salaries and benefits. We adhere to the principles of a just and fair work environment for all colleagues, where respect is foundational and performance is rewarded.
About the Job
Under supervision, performs a variety of duties on to information technology assignments and / or applications. Responsibilities include assisting with design, development, system configuration, implementation and support of information systems for the organization, and may include planning development, training and evaluation of application functionality, working with a team and key customers to ensure appropriate development training and implementation of assigned application. Assignments may range across the Information Systems function.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities including but not limited to:
- Delivers work within established timeframes. Must be able to manage/multi-task on several assigned projects incorporating all aspects of IS.
- Participates in building and maintaining application content as assigned by department lead/manager.
- Follows functional specification documents to create content within an application
- Participates in completing thorough unit testing of build prior to handoff for functional and/or integrated testing
- Documents and reports system issues through internal chain of command; communication with vendor where appropriate
- Applies communication, analytical and problem-solving skills to help identify, communicate and resolve system issues to maximize system potential
- Provides first level/tier end user support during implementation; participates in roll-out
- Participates in on-call coverage as assigned.
- Communicates effectively; includes communication around progress of build tasks in adherence to prescribed project milestone dates
- Participates in workflow design and understands how the system will impact end users
- Stays current with new application functionality and enhancements
- Assignments may range across the Information Systems function.
- Provides on-call/after-hours support.
- Achieves and maintains application certification in accordance with departmental and organizational standards
- Maintains confidentiality with regard to the information being processed, stored or accessed by the system.
- Maintains courteous and effective interactions with colleagues and patients.
- Demonstrates an understanding of the job description, performance expectations, and competency assessment.
- Demonstrates a commitment toward meeting and exceeding the needs of our customers and consistently adheres to Customer Service standards.
- Participates in departmental and/or interdepartmental quality improvement activities.
- Participates in and successfully completes Mandatory Education.
- Performs all other duties as needed or directed to meet the needs of the department.
- Bachelors Degree preferred
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities:
- Ability to multi-task
- Self-starter and motivator
- Problem solving and written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrate a strong work ethic
- Willingness to address issues and take ownership, ability to know when and how to escalate issues
- Ability to participate in process redesign
- Experience working in a clinical setting or previous IT experience preferred.
The Lahey Model of Care—right care, right time, right place—is exactly what patients, providers and payers need and deserve. Identifying and delivering on this convergence of interests has positioned Lahey Health for further growth. Our model ensures care is highly coordinated and locally delivered, with lower costs and exceptional quality.
Lahey Health is a robust, regional system including a teaching hospital, community hospitals, primary care providers, specialists, behavioral and home health services, skilled nursing and rehabilitation facilities, and senior care resources throughout northeastern Massachusetts and southern New Hampshire. The system has a global presence with programs in Canada, Jordan and Bermuda.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.