Lahey Health Shared Services is part of a vibrant and growing health care system, recognized as a trailblazer in medicine and a standard bearer in patient experience. It includes an award-winning academic medical center, a superb constellation of community hospitals, home care services, rehabilitation facilities and more.
We are committed to attracting, developing and retaining top talent in a market long recognized and revered as a global leader in health. With a team approach to care, we encourage learning and growth at all levels, and we offer competitive salaries and benefits. We adhere to the principles of a just and fair work environment for all colleagues, where respect is foundational and performance is rewarded.
About the Job
Reporting to the Manager of Reporting and Analytics, the reporting team leads support a specific domain such as clinicals or revenue cycle. The team leads’ focus is 50% as a senior developer/analyst and 50% in the described leadership functions.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities including but not limited to:
- Provides leadership by:
- Identifying and recommending opportunities to impact Lahey Health through reporting and analytics
- Developing relationships with business units, key leaders, application teams, and others
- Leading projects as assigned to success
- Maintaining and growing his/her knowledge of EMR workflows, data, and technology
- Developing and providing training to the user community on both a scheduled and ad hoc basis
- Maximizes team operational excellence by:
- Optimizing ticket queues for customer satisfaction, prioritization, routing, quick turnarounds, and documentation
- Meeting with customers who wish to escalate prioritization as to discuss scope, prioritization, timeline, escalating to the reporting manager as needed
- Promoting continual improvement
- Develops and executes an equitable, successful partnership with peer reporting leads and shares cross-team responsibilities such as service updates, security and change control boards
- Supports the manager in team administration through onboarding, mentoring, cross-training, celebrating successes, and identifying employee engagement and team training opportunities. Team leads do not have direct responsibilities over HR functions such as hiring, discipline, termination, etc.
- Works as an individual contributor in the analysis and development of reports, dashboards, and related products.
- Performs other duties as needed
- Bachelors in computer science, information systems, data science, statistics, health administration, or related field.
- 5+ years of experience in the analysis, development, and support of reports, dashboards, and analyses; preferably within a healthcare provider organization
- 2+ years of experience leading projects; preferably within a healthcare provider organization
- 1+ years of experience in operational leadership of reporting; preferably within a healthcare provider organization
- Excellent and progress track record of customer service within an IT function
- Proficiency in SQL; advanced proficiency strongly preferred
- Proficiency in reporting tools; Crystal Reports and Epic strongly preferred
- Proficiency in statistics or data science is a plus
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities:
- Able to build accurate, meaningful reports off of varied data sources based on business need and/or requirements
- Able to lead highly visible projects to success
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills
The Lahey Model of Care—right care, right time, right place—is exactly what patients, providers and payers need and deserve. Identifying and delivering on this convergence of interests has positioned Lahey Health for further growth. Our model ensures care is highly coordinated and locally delivered, with lower costs and exceptional quality.
Lahey Health is a robust, regional system including a teaching hospital, community hospitals, primary care providers, specialists, behavioral and home health services, skilled nursing and rehabilitation facilities, and senior care resources throughout northeastern Massachusetts and southern New Hampshire. The system has a global presence with programs in Canada, Jordan and Bermuda.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.