Winchester Physician Associates is part of a vibrant and growing health care system, recognized as a trailblazer in medicine and a standard bearer in patient experience. It includes an award-winning academic medical center, a superb constellation of community hospitals, home care services, rehabilitation facilities and more.
We are committed to attracting, developing and retaining top talent in a market long recognized and revered as a global leader in health. With a team approach to care, we encourage learning and growth at all levels, and we offer competitive salaries and benefits. We adhere to the principles of a just and fair work environment for all colleagues, where respect is foundational and performance is rewarded.
About the Job
As part of the practice team, this position:
- Identifies, greets, transports and/or escorts patients making the patients feel welcomed and comfortable.
- Takes vital signs (height, weight, blood pressure, pulse, respiration, temperature) and obtains patient history and medication list. Observes patient and documents and reports findings to licensed clinician and/or physician.
- Assists the nurse, physician, and/or other licensed clinician with the patient visit and care, which may include procedures such as:
- Preparing patient for visit including assistance with clothing and transferring to exam table/chair
- Setting up trays and preparing equipment, instruments and materials for the nurse and/or physician
- Acting as a chaperone and/or providing emotional support for the patient
- Explaining procedures and reviewing patient instructions
- Obtaining and labeling specimens for transport
- Assisting with wound care
- Drawing blood
- Performing EKGs
- Giving injections
- Assisting with and/or performing other tests and procedures
- Cleans and prepares the exam room or other patient areas between patients ensuring a clean, sanitized and welcoming environment.
- Sterilizes equipment.
- Maintains appropriate supplies and linen in exam/patient areas and ensures adequate stock is maintained.
- Prepares, cleans and maintains equipment, addressing issues in a timely manner to ensure availability of equipment and to maximize its useful life.
- Maximizes patient throughput to minimize wait time and improve patient satisfaction.
- Appropriately follows the chain of command and adheres to practice policies and procedures.
Required: High school diploma or equivalent required If hired after 1/1/15: also must have either:Graduate of an LPN or RN program and license within 6 months of employment or Graduate of an accredited Medical Assistant program or At least five (5) years of experience as a Medical Assistant
- Graduate of an accredited program and 1 year of experience as a Medical Assistant
- EMR experience
- Basic computer skills and good typing skills with accuracy and attention to detail
- For safety and quality reasons, must be able to read, write and communicate effectively in English with patients, visitors and fellow members of the team.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS, CERTIFICATIONS:
If hired prior to 1/1/15, must obtain the National Registered Medical Assistant certification within the approved transition plan time frame.
- An RN or LPN license may be considered in lieu of the Medical Assistant Certification (must be maintained.)
- The Medical Assistant may be allowed time to achieve 5 years of experience as a Medical Assistant plus 6 months to obtain certification provided that as of 1/1/15 they have either:
- Nursing Assistant Certification (must be maintained)
- Completion of at least half of the requirements towards an RN degree If hired after 1/1/15, National Registration of Medical Assistant Certification or Licensed LPN or RN is required within 6 months of hire.
- Preferred: National Registration of Medical Assistant Certification upon hire
LIFE SUPPORT CERTIFICATION REQUIRED: Basic Life Support
DAYS / 40 HOURS / WOBURN, MA
The Lahey Model of Care—right care, right time, right place—is exactly what patients, providers and payers need and deserve. Identifying and delivering on this convergence of interests has positioned Lahey Health for further growth. Our model ensures care is highly coordinated and locally delivered, with lower costs and exceptional quality.
Lahey Health is a robust, regional system including a teaching hospital, community hospitals, primary care providers, specialists, behavioral and home health services, skilled nursing and rehabilitation facilities, and senior care resources throughout northeastern Massachusetts and southern New Hampshire. The system has a global presence with programs in Canada, Jordan and Bermuda.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.