Lahey Health Shared Services is part of a vibrant and growing health care system, recognized as a trailblazer in medicine and a standard bearer in patient experience. It includes an award-winning academic medical center, a superb constellation of community hospitals, home care services, rehabilitation facilities and more.
We are committed to attracting, developing and retaining top talent in a market long recognized and revered as a global leader in health. With a team approach to care, we encourage learning and growth at all levels, and we offer competitive salaries and benefits. We adhere to the principles of a just and fair work environment for all colleagues, where respect is foundational and performance is rewarded.
About the Job
The Manager, Patient Access and ADT Applications manages the process, workflow and content design, definition, build, deployment and administration of the systems and applications that comprise the Patient Access and ADT Applications Manager Electronic Health Record (EHR). In addition, the Manager, Patient Access and ADT Applications Manager Applications will work with the Program Management Office (PMO) to define, plan, execute, monitor, manage and transition related implementation and upgrade projects and initiatives per schedule and within budget. The Manager, Patient Access and ADT Applications Manager Applications is responsible for providing leadership to all Patient Access and ADT Applications Manager related teams including Radiant, Beaker, Beacon, ASAP, Phoenix, Willow, Cupid and other teams as assigned. The Manager, Patient Access and ADT Applications Manager Applications must be comfortable performing a wide range of tasks and working with a diverse user community. Participates in quality improvement initiatives. Participates in the budget process and operates within budget. Maintains departmental policies. Supports the education initiatives of the department.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities including but not limited to:
- Provides the Epic EHR Department with operational management and oversight for assigned areas and staff:
- Utilizing the standards, processes and tools defined for use by the Program Management Office (PMO), manage the implementation, maintenance and upgrade of the applications, products and systems that comprise the Patient Access and ADT Applications Manager EHR.
- Facilitates Electronic Health Record (EHR) transformation, utilization and optimization:
- Work within defined committees, advisory groups and teams to identify improvement opportunities that exploit existing investments in technologies, systems devices and tools.
- Create ad-hoc multi-disciplinary teams to address improvement opportunities as required.
- Works with the appropriate Information Systems (IS) or Clinical Informatics areas to create plans that address / resolve issues as required.
- Oversees and manages all Patient Access and ADT Applications Manager EHR systems, products and applications ensuring that their designs, content and definitions integrate to support our providers, clinicians, nurses and support staff to achieve the defined clinical workflow, process and performance goals (safety, quality, compliance, productivity and financial, etc) and outcome expectations and objectives of our organization.
- Ensures that the data capture and data production of the EHR facilitates the goals and requirements of our organization’s Quality, Compliance, Analytics and Decision Support teams.
- Facilitates the design and use of any technical tools, add-ons, etc. that enhance the use or interoperability of the Patient Access and ADT Applications Manager EHR and its users.
- Facilitates the integration and use of new technologies and devices within the EHR.
- Participates as required or requested in the selection of new or replacement clinical systems, products or applications.
- Works closely with the Testing Team to ensure content additions, changes, bug fixes, upgrades, etc. work as designed within integrated workflows.
- Works closely with the Training Manager and training team to ensure that workflow and content additions, changes, upgrades, etc. are communicated and incorporated in advance of deployment into the training program and related materials.
- Works closely with the Client Support Manager and help desk support team to ensure that workflow and content additions, changes, upgrades, etc. are communicated prior to implementation to ensure knowledge transfer in preparation for supporting new functionality.
- Plan, communicate, lead and coordinate the implementation and use of new content, designs, upgrades, functions, features, products etc. with all affected areas and users in advance of production deployment
- Bachelor’s degree. In the absence of a Bachelor’s degree, 8 years of experience over and above the experience listed below.
- At least two (2) years experience preferred designing, building and implementing an EHR and clinical systems using multiple software programs and network applications.
- At least two years management experience is preferred.
- Experience working in a clinical setting strongly preferred.
- Experience with Epic based Access, ADT application preferred i.e. GrandCentral, Prelude, Welcome, RTE and RTA etc.
- Experience with Patient Access and ADT Applications
- Experience in full implementation software development cycle.
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities:
- Certification in Epic one Patient Access and ADT Applications Manager application required or within 1 year of hire
- Ability to articulate a variety of departmental and organizational goals, strategies and plans into integrated tasks with timelines and resource assignments
- Demonstrated organization, verbal, written and inter-personal skills
- Excellent leadership, management, analytical, problem solving and technical skills
- Strong knowledge of clinic and hospital clinical practices
- Understanding of HIPAA security regulations and Lahey Health’s security policies
- Knowledge of process redesign
- Familiarity with clinical systems such as AllScripts, Epic, Cerner, Meditech, etc.
- Ability to handle multiple projects with aggressive timelines
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize work
- Demonstrated skills in strategic and critical thinking, negotiation and relationship building
- Global vision and perspective in all areas of decision-making
- Exhibit the highest values of excellence, integrity and innovation
- Demonstrated ability with change control and change management
- Demonstrated expertise with decisiveness and flexibility
- Demonstrated abilities as a problem solver, consensus builder, results oriented with the ability to quickly take action to achieve goals
- Energetic, self-confident, persuasive, positive and cheerful
- Solid technical grounding, project management and implementation experience
- Demonstrated ability working with a variety of vendors and implementing and supporting multiple products
- Proven leadership abilities and management skills with a track record of mentoring and developing staff
- Capable of using Microsoft Windows Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook , Visio and MS Project
The Lahey Model of Care—right care, right time, right place—is exactly what patients, providers and payers need and deserve. Identifying and delivering on this convergence of interests has positioned Lahey Health for further growth. Our model ensures care is highly coordinated and locally delivered, with lower costs and exceptional quality.
Lahey Health is a robust, regional system including a teaching hospital, community hospitals, primary care providers, specialists, behavioral and home health services, skilled nursing and rehabilitation facilities, and senior care resources throughout northeastern Massachusetts and southern New Hampshire. The system has a global presence with programs in Canada, Jordan and Bermuda.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.