About the Job
Position Summary: Under the general supervision of the Department Manager, this position provides administrative and technical oversight for Specimen Processing. This includes training, procedure review, assisting with personnel hiring, evaluation and disciplinary actions, staff development and competency assessment, purchasing and monitoring of expenses. The Technical Supervisor participates in the overall managerial and operational functions necessary to ensure fulfillment of the department mission, as well as Lahey Hospital and Medical Center’s mission. Coverage includes occasional weekends and holidays.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities including but are not limited to:
- Prepare and maintain policies and procedures appropriate for the operation of this section.
- Provide guidance and/or resolution for clinical problem solving (e.g. instrumentation, equipment, test systems, clinical correlation, backup systems, and system performance).
- Oversee implementation of new instruments, methodologies and tests.
- Develop workflow to achieve simplification of procedures and processes.
- Ensure ongoing compliance with all applicable regulatory agencies including but not limited to: JCAHO, CAP, OSHA, DPH, NCCLS.
- Maintain adequate and appropriate inventories of all supplies required to perform procedures without emergency shortages.
- Perform duties of a medical technologist as required, with skills equal to senior technologists.
- Schedule colleagues to meet department workload within budgetary limits. Plan and post schedules at least three months in advance. Plan and post workstation schedules one week in advance.
- Complete timecards to meet appropriate deadlines.
- Participate in employment interviews and recommend qualified candidates for vacancies.
- Follow LHMC and departmental policies for orientating and training new colleagues.
- Ensure all colleagues fulfill their annual mandatory requirements (competency, safety, education, etc.) and that documentation is prepared for each requirement.
- Provide continuing education opportunities to colleagues.
- Work with Manager and Chemistry Technical Supervisor to ensure optimal utilization of staff and facilitate cross training of staff.
- Discuss disciplinary concerns with Department Manager. On advisement of manager, conduct counseling and disciplinary sessions with colleague when performance warrants. Prepare required documentation.
- Participate in colleague coaching and goal setting and provide input to manager on colleague performance for annual appraisals.
- Participate in the budget process annually, as needed, with Department Manager and monitor actual expenses to budget and explain variances.
Adjust operations as needed.
- Contribute to department goal of optimization of resources and revenue enhancement
Quality Control/Quality Assurance
- Ensure accurate performance of test results by periodic review of Quality Control and taking corrective action as needed.
- Ensure continuous quality improvement through active participation in the laboratory Quality Assurance program.
- Value and respond to customer feedback by taking corrective action or improving sub optimal services.
- Reassign daily tasks to ensure completion of workload.
- Set priorities and organize work time to meet them.
- Improve services by working with department managers and technologists to achieve a common goal.
- Support new ideas and changes within the department. Adapt to change and situations in a positive manner and work together to effect that change.
- Keep all colleagues updated on current changes, memos, and miscellaneous information.
- Accept, complete, and report on special assignments within the agreed upon time.
- Communicate with colleagues through regularly scheduled laboratory meetings. Encourage input from members of the team.
- Set a positive example by maintaining a productive and cooperative working atmosphere.
- Attend and participate in meetings within and outside department as required (e.g. Chemistry department meetings, Send Out Meetings, Performance Improvement Committee, Epic group, etc.).
- Meet with Department Manager weekly to review department status. Give appropriate feedback on problems,
newly implemented procedures, studies and projects.
General Expectations including but are not limited to:
- Incorporate LHMC Standards of Behavior and Mission Statement into daily activities.
- Comply with all LHMC and department specific policies.
- Follow established safety procedures as stated in the Laboratory Safety and Infection Control Manuals.
- Comply with behavioral expectations of the department and LHMC.
- Establish and maintain courteous and effective interactions with patients, physicians, management, visitors and other members of the health care team through responsiveness, accuracy of information, and professionalism.
- Demonstrate an understanding of job description, performance expectations, and competency assessment.
- Demonstrate a commitment toward meeting and exceeding the needs of our customers and consistently adhere to our customer service standards.
- Demonstrate a commitment to stay current in management and scientific knowledge by completing a minimum of 8 hrs/yr of approved continuing education, including 3 lectures/workshops.
Education: Baccalaureate degree including laboratory internship at an institution certified by the National Accrediting Agency for Clinical Laboratory Sciences (NAACLS).
Licensure, Certification, Registration: Certification by American Society of Clinical Pathologists (ASCP) Board of Registry or the National Certification Agency (NCA) for Medical Laboratory personnel. or by American Medical Technologists (AMT) for Medical Laboratory personnel is required.
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities:
- Knowledge of clinical tests and standards necessary to perform complex tests and accurately report result.
- Analytic ability to perform complex tests, interpret findings, perform calculations, calibrate instruments, etc.
- Ability to identify and evaluate clinical testing problems and to effect corrective action procedures and modifications.
- Ability to independently assess clinical test results and recommend appropriate additional tests and procedures to medical staff.
- Ability to provide technical guidance, instruction, and leadership, to lower level professional staff within area of expertise.
- Ability to supervise daily activities.
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities (cont.):
- Ability to concentrate for long periods of time, utilize good judgment, work accurately under pressure and handle stress to met deadlines.
- Manual dexterity and acuity necessary to prepare specimens, prepare solutions, screen specimens, and operate instrumentation and a computer.
- Interpersonal verbal and written English language skills sufficient to exchange information with physicians and other colleagues.
- Skill in the use of personal computers and related software applications.
Experience: A minimum of four years full-time experience as a Medical Technologist is required. Experience should include 1-2 years in a Sr. Technologist role.
Shift: 40 hours, 1st shift
The Lahey Model of Care—right care, right time, right place—is exactly what patients, providers and payers need and deserve. Identifying and delivering on this convergence of interests has positioned Lahey Health for further growth. Our model ensures care is highly coordinated and locally delivered, with lower costs and exceptional quality.
Lahey Health is a robust, regional system including a teaching hospital, community hospitals, primary care providers, specialists, behavioral and home health services, skilled nursing and rehabilitation facilities, and senior care resources throughout northeastern Massachusetts and southern New Hampshire. The system has a global presence with programs in Canada, Jordan and Bermuda.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.