Location: Salem, MA
Job ID: 156016-1A
Date Posted: Oct 2, 2019
Category: Clinical Professional
Lahey Health Behavioral Services is part of a vibrant and growing health care system, recognized as a trailblazer in medicine and a standard bearer in patient experience. It includes an award-winning academic medical center, a superb constellation of community hospitals, home care services, rehabilitation facilities and more.
We are committed to attracting, developing and retaining top talent in a market long recognized and revered as a global leader in health. With a team approach to care, we encourage learning and growth at all levels, and we offer competitive salaries and benefits. We adhere to the principles of a just and fair work environment for all colleagues, where respect is foundational and performance is rewarded.
About the Job
Works collaboratively within a multi-disciplinary team in a crisis stabilization unit. Provides crisis intervention and performs clinical screening/assessments of children and adults' mental health, substance use, and physical health needs.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Assesses the presence of behavioral health conditions of clients in crisis.
2. Assures collection of appropriate assessment and screening information, to include bio-psycho-social information, psychiatric and medication history, alcohol/drug information.
3. Responsible and accountable for the quality of nursing care delivered, and establishes/oversees medication administration according to the Nurse Practitioner or Physician’s order.
4. Monitors the biomedical status and conditions of all clients admitted. Timely and accurately records and reports all observed symptoms, reactions, treatments, and changes in the client’s safety status in the medical file and to their supervisor.
5. Participates in treatment team meetings, assists with development of care plans, and reports directly to the Nurse Manager/Program Director any issues for shift report.
6. Collaborates with other members of the team in providing health information and maintenance of the medical record.
7. Monitors the patient milieu for safety issues and assists with promoting a positive therapeutic environment.
8. Assists in the admitting, discharging and transferring process ensuring that patient safety is addressed.
9. Complies with organization and program specific policies and procedures.
10. Other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS & EDUCATION:
Registered Nurse/LPN with experience in the field of mental health and/or substance abuse.
Current Massachusetts nursing license, CPR, and related 2 years’ experience in the field of mental health and/or substance abuse.
Must demonstrate ability to relate and desire work with a diverse client population in a sensitive manner, an interest and willingness to work in a multicultural setting and must share a customer service orientation. Manages difficult or emotional situations; responds promptly to client needs. Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming and maintains confidentiality.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. The
employee frequently is required to walk. The employee is occasionally required to stand and sit. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust
The Lahey Model of Care—right care, right time, right place—is exactly what patients, providers and payers need and deserve. Identifying and delivering on this convergence of interests has positioned Lahey Health for further growth. Our model ensures care is highly coordinated and locally delivered, with lower costs and exceptional quality.
Lahey Health is a robust, regional system including a teaching hospital, community hospitals, primary care providers, specialists, behavioral and home health services, skilled nursing and rehabilitation facilities, and senior care resources throughout northeastern Massachusetts and southern New Hampshire. The system has a global presence with programs in Canada, Jordan and Bermuda.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.