Lahey Health Shared Services is part of a vibrant and growing health care system, recognized as a trailblazer in medicine and a standard bearer in patient experience. It includes an award-winning academic medical center, a superb constellation of community hospitals, home care services, rehabilitation facilities and more.
We are committed to attracting, developing and retaining top talent in a market long recognized and revered as a global leader in health. With a team approach to care, we encourage learning and growth at all levels, and we offer competitive salaries and benefits. We adhere to the principles of a just and fair work environment for all colleagues, where respect is foundational and performance is rewarded.
About the Job
Under managerial oversight of the Department Director, and within regulatory requirements, the Patient Financial Services Manager will manage all aspects of the work units assigned. This includes managing the daily activities of PFS colleagues; including work schedules, adherence to Lahey and PFS policies, progressive discipline, meetings, work flow, procedures, productivity, quality of work, unit communications, competencies, training and overall performance of colleagues. With director oversight, the Manager sets, monitors and reports on work unit and individiual colleague goals and objectives. The Manager must manage resources and work unit costs within the constraints of the cost center. The position is responsible for planning, reporting and overall performance of work units assisgned.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities including but not limited to:
- Manages colleagues to established standards for quality and quantity.
- Ensures that work unit colleagues successfully complete all required education and training programs.
- Completes performance evaluations and performance improvement plans for work unit colleagues.
- Creates and updates work unit procedures so that work is accomplished accurately and efficiently.
- Manages work unit schedules to meet operational requirements being fair to all colleagues.
- Manager ensures that one on one and work unit meetings with work unit colleagues are scheduled in accordance with Director Requirements.
- With guidance from HR and Director and within HR policy, the manager is to fairly manage human resource issues such as hiring and progressive discipline.
- Under Director guidance, the Manager sets and monitors individual and work unit goals and objectives.
- As required by Director, provides meaningful reporting on progress towards goals, work unit issues, productivity, quality indicators, work throughput, adjustments to changes, compliance with applicable regulation and health plan requirements, and use of technology, employee issues and planning efforts.
- The manager works with colleagues and managers from other work units and departments to improve performance, problem solves and plan.
- Manages expenses to budget.
- Provides the department with technical knowledge of the work performed by the work unit.
- Assist the Director with special projects as needed.
- Ensures that work units comply with all Corporate, Federal, State and Health Plan requirements and regulations that apply.
- Bachelor degree. In the absence of a Bachelors degree, 8 years of experience over and above the experience requirment listed below.
- Five years experience in a Patient Financial Services organization.. Two years supervisory experience in a Patient Finanical Services organization, or four years in a Lead position within Patient Financial Services organization of similar size and scope.
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities:
- Comprehensive understanding and knowledge of the Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) coding, billing and compliance requirements.
- Working knowledge of patient finanicial services activities including the HCPCS coding system, the ICD-9 coding system, revenue, claims, denials and collection practices.
- Must have a high level of analytical skill, process improvement abilities, problem solving skills and ability to manage a large work force within a large healthcare environment.
- Computer skills to include use of complex revenue cycle systems, Microsoft, and other basic computer skills are a requirement.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
- Presentation Skills required.
The Lahey Model of Care—right care, right time, right place—is exactly what patients, providers and payers need and deserve. Identifying and delivering on this convergence of interests has positioned Lahey Health for further growth. Our model ensures care is highly coordinated and locally delivered, with lower costs and exceptional quality.
Lahey Health is a robust, regional system including a teaching hospital, community hospitals, primary care providers, specialists, behavioral and home health services, skilled nursing and rehabilitation facilities, and senior care resources throughout northeastern Massachusetts and southern New Hampshire. The system has a global presence with programs in Canada, Jordan and Bermuda.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.