Winchester Physician Associates is part of a vibrant and growing health care system, recognized as a trailblazer in medicine and a standard bearer in patient experience. It includes an award-winning academic medical center, a superb constellation of community hospitals, home care services, rehabilitation facilities and more.
We are committed to attracting, developing and retaining top talent in a market long recognized and revered as a global leader in health. With a team approach to care, we encourage learning and growth at all levels, and we offer competitive salaries and benefits. We adhere to the principles of a just and fair work environment for all colleagues, where respect is foundational and performance is rewarded.
About the Job
GENERAL SUMMARY: Coordinates the day-to-day operations of a multiple provider practice with generally 20 or more FTEs (including providers), which includes patient flow, provider schedules, charge entry, deposit of co-payments, and staff supervision, to ensure practice growth, profitability, quality care, and patient, provider, and staff satisfaction. Serves as Privacy and Safety Officer. Proficiency using software applications and serves as a resource for others within the organization. Works closely with Practice Operations Manager to communicate practice needs, problems, and concerns and to communicate ideas and suggestions to increase patient volume and improve practice’s financial position. Supports and communicates WPA policies and procedures to providers and practice staff. Extended hours may be required to attend meetings, ensure practice staffing and meet deadlines.
- Exemplifies Winchester Hospital’s values and Service Excellence standards. Commits to making every encounter with our patients, patients’ family, co-workers, physicians and other customers the best that it can be.
- Complies with all Winchester Hospital policies and the Code of Business Conduct. As required, maintains current tuberculosis testing. Takes responsibility for own safety as well as the safety of patients, patients’ family, co-workers, physicians and other customers.
- Interviews, hires, orients, trains, and evaluates performance of, and when necessary, disciplines practice staff. Provides guidance in effective problem solving to all practice staff. Conducts regular staff meeting to promote communication and facilitate problem solving and planning.
- Writes and delivers employee performance evaluations. Ensures evaluations are received by the Human Resources Department on time.
- Addresses any employee performance issues according to protocols established by Winchester Physician Associates.
- Attends all required training sessions dealing with changes in employee policies and/or procedures and updates staff accordingly. Works to ensure staff has completed mandatory training session and is in compliance with OSHA and/or compliance with all governmental regulations. Ensures staff renew licenses and certificates as required.
- Implements all office policies and procedures and ensures compliance. Oversees activities related to the implementation, maintenance of, and adherence to the practice’s policies and procedures related to privacy of and access to patients’ protected health information (PHI) in compliance with federal, state and practice’s privacy practices (Privacy Notice). Ensures the delivery of privacy training and orientation to all employees. Acts as a practice point of contact for receiving, documenting and tracking complaints concerning privacy policies and procedures.
- Meets with Billing Manager to address any concerns or ongoing issues regarding third party payors and/or patient collections, changes or updates in billing procedures, charge entry or registration problems and patients outstanding balance issues.
- Addresses complaints or problems with patients/parents. Terminates patients for nonpayment or noncompliance according to guidelines established by Winchester Physician Associates.
- Works with Practice Operations Manager to develop supply, capital, and staff budgets and revenue projections.
- Develops and maintains a system for purchasing insuring “best pricing” is obtained for all practice purchases. Coordinates timely and accurate submission of payroll time sheets.
- Authorizes, monitors and processes all practice expenditures per WPA policies and procedures. Coordinates timely and accurate submission of payroll time sheets.
- Coordinates the effective operation of the front desk insuring a customer service focus while gathering appropriate information needed for clinical care and billing. Responsible for accurate and timely submission of patient charges. Provides backup support to all practice staff.
- Ensures a safe working environment by resolving maintenance, housekeeping and physical plant problems. Ensures that office and clinical equipment is kept in good working order. Ensures that the Practice’s OSHA Manual is complete, and up-to-date and accessible to staff. Maintains MSDS for all chemical used in the practice. Monitors service contracts and arranges for repairs and/or preventive maintenance.
- Attends all physician management meetings. Follows through on any outstanding issues and reports findings/progress. Processes all paperwork for physician insurance credentialing and/or recredentialing, license renewal, hospital privileges and CME credits.
- Works with physicians to maintain appropriate physician staffing levels and maintain the coverage schedule.
- Participates in the following:
- Mandatory training requirements as per hospital/unit policies
- Continuing education/inservices to enhance knowledge
- Staff meetings
- Performance improvement initiatives
- Orientation of new staff, students and/or volunteers
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or other related field or equivalent. Eight years of years of directly relevant experience may be considered in lieu of the degree.
- Requires at least 5 years of experience in a medical office setting with at least 1 year medical field management experience.
- Keyboarding ability and knowledge of practice management software.
- Ability to solve problems and prioritize multiple demands.
LICENSE, CERTIFICATION REQUIRED: None Required
LIFE SUPPORT CERTIFICATION REQUIRED: None Required
DAYS / 40 HOURS / STONEHAM, MA
The Lahey Model of Care—right care, right time, right place—is exactly what patients, providers and payers need and deserve. Identifying and delivering on this convergence of interests has positioned Lahey Health for further growth. Our model ensures care is highly coordinated and locally delivered, with lower costs and exceptional quality.
Lahey Health is a robust, regional system including a teaching hospital, community hospitals, primary care providers, specialists, behavioral and home health services, skilled nursing and rehabilitation facilities, and senior care resources throughout northeastern Massachusetts and southern New Hampshire. The system has a global presence with programs in Canada, Jordan and Bermuda.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.