Location: Burlington, MA
Job ID: 155783-1A
Date Posted: Oct 4, 2019
Lahey Hospital & Medical Center is part of a vibrant and growing health care system, recognized as a trailblazer in medicine and a standard bearer in patient experience. It includes an award-winning academic medical center, a superb constellation of community hospitals, home care services, rehabilitation facilities and more.
We are committed to attracting, developing and retaining top talent in a market long recognized and revered as a global leader in health. With a team approach to care, we encourage learning and growth at all levels, and we offer competitive salaries and benefits. We adhere to the principles of a just and fair work environment for all colleagues, where respect is foundational and performance is rewarded.
About the Job
Position Summary: Under the direction of the Manager, Messenger/Escort, supervises the staff and workflow related to patient escort and messenger services on assigned shifts. Assures all schedules are maintained, deliveries coordinated, requests for services answered and staff members dispatched promptly to effectively respond to internal and external customer needs.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities including but not limited to:
1) Schedules and oversees daily work activity of all Escort/Messengers and other department staff on assigned shift.
2) Interviews applicants and participates in the hiring process for position vacancies
3) Monitors staff work performance and maintains appropriate documentation; reviews and evaluates staff as needed and recommends salary increases, promotions or transfers
4) Participates in the corrective action process for staff when necessary.
5) Trains and orients staff and assists in educating other Lahey departments about the function of the department, when necessary
6) Responds in a timely and appropriate manner to customer questions and concerns about Messenger/Escort/Mailroom services.
7) Monitors the timeliness and productivity of departmental work on assigned shift
8) Assures that departmental equipment is properly maintained and is in working condition at all times.
9) Assists in reviewing and maintaining all departmental policies, procedures, job descriptions and work performance standards.
10) Keep abreast of all postal rate changes and US mail-related information.
11) Incorporates Lahey Clinic Guiding Principles , Mission Statement and Goals into daily activities.
12) Complies with all Lahey Clinic Policies.
13) Complies with behavioral expectations of the department and Lahey Clinic.
14) Maintains courteous and effective interactions with colleagues and patients.
15) Demonstrates an understanding of the job description, performance expectations, and competency assessment.
16) Demonstrates a commitment toward meeting and exceeding the needs of our customers and consistently adheres to Customer Service standards.
17) Participates in departmental and/or interdepartmental quality improvement activities.
18) Participates in and successfully completes Mandatory Education.
19) Performs all other duties as needed or directed to meet the needs of the department.
Education: High School degree or equivalent
Licensure, Certification, Registration:
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities: Good interpersonal and leadership skills.
Experience: Minimum three years experience in a related environment, including prior supervisor or lead experience.
SHIFT: 40 hour, 2nd shift
The Lahey Model of Care—right care, right time, right place—is exactly what patients, providers and payers need and deserve. Identifying and delivering on this convergence of interests has positioned Lahey Health for further growth. Our model ensures care is highly coordinated and locally delivered, with lower costs and exceptional quality.
Lahey Health is a robust, regional system including a teaching hospital, community hospitals, primary care providers, specialists, behavioral and home health services, skilled nursing and rehabilitation facilities, and senior care resources throughout northeastern Massachusetts and southern New Hampshire. The system has a global presence with programs in Canada, Jordan and Bermuda.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.