Location: Burlington, MA
Job ID: 155754-1A
Date Posted: Jan 10, 2020
Category: Clinical Professional
Lahey Hospital & Medical Center is part of a vibrant and growing health care system, recognized as a trailblazer in medicine and a standard bearer in patient experience. It includes an award-winning academic medical center, a superb constellation of community hospitals, home care services, rehabilitation facilities and more.
We are committed to attracting, developing and retaining top talent in a market long recognized and revered as a global leader in health. With a team approach to care, we encourage learning and growth at all levels, and we offer competitive salaries and benefits. We adhere to the principles of a just and fair work environment for all colleagues, where respect is foundational and performance is rewarded.
About the Job
Position Summary: The Radiation Therapist, under the supervision of the Chief Therapist in collaboration with the Manager/Director of Cancer Services, performs according to the policies, philosophy and objectives of the Radiation Oncology Department and the hospital. Works cooperatively with the department and other services to create a system of quality health care.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities including but not limited to:
1) Applies principles of basic radiation physics interactions and protection.
2) Delivers accurately the prescribed planned course of radiation therapy treatment.
3) Checks prescription, diagnosis, chart and patient identification.
4) Administers prescribed or advised by a physician, ointments, drops or lotions specific to the Radiation Therapy.
5) Explains procedures to patients and means of communication during treatment.
6) Prepares room and equipment for patient according to patient set up.
7) Maintains and logs daily treatments in the patient’s records paper chart and ARIA.
8) Possesses knowledge of scheduling and billing procedures proficient in IDX, ARIA, LCMC.
9) Utilizes QA programs to encompass all aspects of treatment delivery.
10) Understands the function of equipments, accessories and treatment methods.
11) Maintains and provides annual documentation of required CEC credits for licensure.
12) Participates in the clinical instruction of the RTT students.
13) Incorporates Lahey Clinic Guiding Principles , Mission Statement and Goals into daily activities.
14) Complies with all Lahey Clinic Policies.
15) Complies with behavioral expectations of the department and Lahey Clinic.
16) Maintains courteous and effective interactions with colleagues and patients.
17) Demonstrates an understanding of the job description, performance expectations, and competency assessment.
18) Demonstrates a commitment toward meeting and exceeding the needs of our customers and consistently adheres to Customer Service standards.
19) Participates in departmental and/or interdepartmental quality improvement activities.
20) Participates in and successfully completes Mandatory Education.
21) Performs all other duties as needed or directed to meet the needs of the department.
Education: Must be a graduate of an accredited Radiation Therapy Program.
Licensure, Certification, Registration: Must be registered by the ARRT (T) in Radiation Therapy.Must be licensed by the State of Massachusetts Department of Public Health (MA DPH)
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities: In the absence of any of these skills, demonstrates the ability to be thoroughly trained to meet organizational standards.
Experience: 1-2 years experience required.
SHIFT: Per Diem
The Lahey Model of Care—right care, right time, right place—is exactly what patients, providers and payers need and deserve. Identifying and delivering on this convergence of interests has positioned Lahey Health for further growth. Our model ensures care is highly coordinated and locally delivered, with lower costs and exceptional quality.
Lahey Health is a robust, regional system including a teaching hospital, community hospitals, primary care providers, specialists, behavioral and home health services, skilled nursing and rehabilitation facilities, and senior care resources throughout northeastern Massachusetts and southern New Hampshire. The system has a global presence with programs in Canada, Jordan and Bermuda.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.