Winchester Hospital is a leading community hospital north of Boston. The hospital offers a full range of medical services including maternity care and a Level IIB Special Care Nursery. Since 1912, Winchester Hospital has been a trusted pillar of the community and is recognized for outstanding quality and high satisfaction scores. In 2003, we became the first community hospital in Massachusetts to achieve Magnet status - the industry’s gold standard for nursing excellence. We were re-accredited for the 4th time in 2018. Our mission To Care. To Heal. To Excel. In Service to Our Community is achieved through streamlined, coordinated and comprehensive high-quality, compassionate care close to home.
About the Job
Required: High School Diploma or G.E.D
Preferred: At least one year experience is similar position in patient care setting
- Basic computer skills
- For safety and quality reasons, must be able to read, write and communicate effectively in English with patients, visitors, and fellow members of the hospital team
- Review all ekgs in MUSE System for accuracy in quality and correct order number attached prior to assigning to MD’ reading work list for physician interpretation.
- Applies Holter, Events and Blood Pressure monitors to patient according to physician orders.
- Prep Stress Exercise patients for testing by attaching monitoring leads
- Cleans all testing equipment after each exam.
- Assesses the need for supplies, orders and delivers supplies to appropriate storage areas.
- Prepares patient charts for next day testing by accessing automated system and printing necessary patient information and forms.
- Greets patients and others timely and in a manner that is respectful and empathetic.
- Communicates to appropriate department/individuals when patient/visitor has arrived.
- Answers common, non-clinical/complex questions and escalates questions as appropriate. Provides general information regarding the Hospital.
- Directs individuals to their desired location, which may involve looking up information such as patient appointments and reviewing the computer system to assess the appropriate location. Provides verbal as well as written directions throughout the facility(ies).
- Receives all incoming calls to department and follow thru the purpose of the call (i.e. make appointment, retrieve reports, answer specific questions on testing etc.)
- Schedule all cardiac tests in Epic.
- Notify patients of cardiac testing appointment as well as PCP when requested.
- Send written instructions to all cardiac exercise test patients.
- Maintain accurate cardiologist assignments in Epic.
- Confirms patients scheduled appointments as needed.
- Disseminates information to waiting patients and family members/friends as directed by clinical staff and/or as allowed by department procedures.
- Seeks direction from other clinical staff when appropriate.
- Answers patient, family members and other visitors’ questions about wait times and delays and the reason for delays without jeopardizing confidentiality.
- Is empathetic to patients and the families, being sensitive to their emotional, cultural and spiritual needs.
- Provides wheelchair assistance for patients as requested.
- Coordinates patient transportation requirements as needed. Provides assistance with the telephone as necessary. Maintains current listings for local taxis and other transportation services.
- Performs other administrative functions as needed to ensure the department runs smoothly, efficiently and seamlessly to the patients, which may include functions such as:
- Referencing data from a database or computer system and documents and/or communicates as appropriate
- Collecting specific information from patients and others
- Sorting and distributing mail
- Sorting and filing records and files
- Scanning and faxing document
- Coping and collating materials
- Provides non-clinical assistance to the staff to improve patient satisfaction, increase patient flow and improve the overall operations of the department.
24 Hours weekly - three 8 hour day shifts a week. Every 4th weekend rotation and rotating holidays
The Lahey Model of Care—right care, right time, right place—is exactly what patients, providers and payers need and deserve. Identifying and delivering on this convergence of interests has positioned Lahey Health for further growth. Our model ensures care is highly coordinated and locally delivered, with lower costs and exceptional quality.
Lahey Health is a robust, regional system including a teaching hospital, community hospitals, primary care providers, specialists, behavioral and home health services, skilled nursing and rehabilitation facilities, and senior care resources throughout northeastern Massachusetts and southern New Hampshire. The system has a global presence with programs in Canada, Jordan and Bermuda.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.