Location: Burlington, MA
Job ID: 155334-1A
Date Posted: Jul 24, 2019
Lahey Hospital & Medical Center is part of a vibrant and growing health care system, recognized as a trailblazer in medicine and a standard bearer in patient experience. It includes an award-winning academic medical center, a superb constellation of community hospitals, home care services, rehabilitation facilities and more.
We are committed to attracting, developing and retaining top talent in a market long recognized and revered as a global leader in health. With a team approach to care, we encourage learning and growth at all levels, and we offer competitive salaries and benefits. We adhere to the principles of a just and fair work environment for all colleagues, where respect is foundational and performance is rewarded.
About the Job
Position Summary: Working in the Department of Ophthalmology for the Director of Ophthalmic Research. Highly motivated and organized individual interested in participating in research process. Independently perform clinical testing with a primary focus on retinal and optic nerve disorders. The scope of this role includes participation in research study design, method development, troubleshooting technical issues, training of staff, and implementation of new techniques.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities including but not limited to:
• Consenting, interviewing, tracking, and serving as a point of contact for clinical research subjects
• Evaluate research data and record results, organize and collate data and perform basic statistical analyses
• Screen subjects to identify potential research subjects and contact them by mail and/or phone
• Perform clinical testing e.g. electroretinography, dark adaptation, fundus photographs or OCT images
• Monitor daily research activities including quality control, safety, and compliance within Lahey Clinic Policies
• Participates in and successfully completes Mandatory Education
• Performs all other duties as needed or assigned by the Director of Research
Excellent organizational skills, written and verbal communication skills, as well as the ability to work well independently and collaboratively with colleagues and staff at all levels are essential. The candidate must be proficient in Microsoft Office, database management, reporting and time management. Education: Bachelor's or Master's Degree in biology or related field. Health care or ophthalmology experience is preferable. Training is available for the right candidate.
SHIFT: Per Diem
The Lahey Model of Care—right care, right time, right place—is exactly what patients, providers and payers need and deserve. Identifying and delivering on this convergence of interests has positioned Lahey Health for further growth. Our model ensures care is highly coordinated and locally delivered, with lower costs and exceptional quality.
Lahey Health is a robust, regional system including a teaching hospital, community hospitals, primary care providers, specialists, behavioral and home health services, skilled nursing and rehabilitation facilities, and senior care resources throughout northeastern Massachusetts and southern New Hampshire. The system has a global presence with programs in Canada, Jordan and Bermuda.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.