Lahey Health Shared Services is part of a vibrant and growing health care system, recognized as a trailblazer in medicine and a standard bearer in patient experience. It includes an award-winning academic medical center, a superb constellation of community hospitals, home care services, rehabilitation facilities and more.
We are committed to attracting, developing and retaining top talent in a market long recognized and revered as a global leader in health. With a team approach to care, we encourage learning and growth at all levels, and we offer competitive salaries and benefits. We adhere to the principles of a just and fair work environment for all colleagues, where respect is foundational and performance is rewarded.
About the Job
Reporting to the Director of Records and Gift Administration, this role is responsible for the oversight, tracking and fulfillment of requests for information from both the internal and external community. She/he is also responsible for the overall maintenance/integrity of the Raiser’s Edge database including establishing business rules, maintaining database documentation of policies, processes, and protocols, coding, clean-up projects and data enrichment processes. Works closely with the Operations team in the development and implementation of best practices for the management of the Raiser’s Edge and other proprietary databases within Philanthropy.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities including but not limited to:
- Analyzes and refines information and data requests; develops and implements a strategy to fulfill requests; and provides output and documentation within deadlines.
- Creates and/or executes queries and exports, appeal code definition and assignment, event and membership code assignments, global additions and changes, data imports, mapping, and other functions in Raiser’s Edge, Lumniate Online, Omatic products, and other software as appropriate.
- Sets up and/or generates dashboards, reports, slides and other means of sharing information with leadership, Raiser’s Edge users, and others.
- Participates as a member of the reporting team that is responsible for the creation, documentation and support of Philanthropy’s core/standardized reports.
- Works with staff to gather report requirements and ensure proper testing/validation
- Develops and maintains reports using Raiser’s Edge, Crystal, and other available reporting tools.
- Identifies opportunities to enhance, streamline or automate reporting, as well as improve efficiencies in producing and distributing new and existing reports
Database Integrity and Enhancements
- Instrumental in maintaining the overall integrity and quality of Philanthropy databases (Raiser’s Edge, List Management, Luminate Online/TeamRaiser, etc.), including performing regular data improvement and hygiene, enforcement of database business processes and management of code values, business rules and other set-up functions of the databases.
- Identifies and resolves duplicate records.
- Documents, reviews, and updates organizational procedures for usage of RE and other systems to increase efficiency and enhance performance.
- Optimizes the use of the databases across the organization by staying current on new products and upcoming enhancements to functionality and guiding staff in the appropriate use of the existing functionality.
- Performs routine data enrichment services such as NCOA, Deceased Finder and other data augmentations as needed.
- Assists with new user orientation, software setup (user options, default sets, etc.), and ongoing training as needed
- Supports Gift Administration and other Philanthropy teams as needed.
- Completes other projects as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 3 to 5 years’ experience in complex fundraising database management with experience using Blackbaud products.
- 2 to 4 years’ experience designing, developing and generating reports from a relational database application. Database, deployment and management experience is desirable.
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities:
- Solid understanding of the principles of database management and business process workflow.
- Proficient in use of Microsoft Office Professional 2010 with advanced skills in Word and Excel.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously with high degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Work independently and collaboratively to accomplish responsibilities, goals and projects.
- Organize work to meet deadlines and work independently
- Provide excellent customer service to both internal and external customers.
- Exhibit excellent written and oral communication skills with the ability to work with both technical and non-technical users.
The Lahey Model of Care—right care, right time, right place—is exactly what patients, providers and payers need and deserve. Identifying and delivering on this convergence of interests has positioned Lahey Health for further growth. Our model ensures care is highly coordinated and locally delivered, with lower costs and exceptional quality.
Lahey Health is a robust, regional system including a teaching hospital, community hospitals, primary care providers, specialists, behavioral and home health services, skilled nursing and rehabilitation facilities, and senior care resources throughout northeastern Massachusetts and southern New Hampshire. The system has a global presence with programs in Canada, Jordan and Bermuda.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.