Lahey Hospital & Medical Center is part of a vibrant and growing health care system, recognized as a trailblazer in medicine and a standard bearer in patient experience. It includes an award-winning academic medical center, a superb constellation of community hospitals, home care services, rehabilitation facilities and more.
We are committed to attracting, developing and retaining top talent in a market long recognized and revered as a global leader in health. With a team approach to care, we encourage learning and growth at all levels, and we offer competitive salaries and benefits. We adhere to the principles of a just and fair work environment for all colleagues, where respect is foundational and performance is rewarded.
About the Job
Position Summary: Under the supervision of the Team Leader or Section Head, performs a variety of Diagnostic Ultrasound exams and procedures to produce images for the diagnosis and treatment of medical disorders. Work performed includes but is not limited to OR, ER, in and out patient populations. Monitors and ensures essential patient care and safety. The technologist must be flexible in meeting the staffing needs of the department, i.e. overtime, off sites, holiday and on-call rotation.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities including but not limited to:
- Performs a variety of Diagnostic Ultrasound exams and procedures to produce images for the diagnosis and treatment of medical disorders.
- Obtains and documents necessary patient information or history in order to perform appropriate exam or procedure.
- Performs all Ultrasound exams with 100% accuracy.
- Using the Radiology Information System (RIS) tracks patients with 100% accuracy 98-100% of the time for the entire period the patient is in the department from patient arrival, through the beginning and completion of the exam to the departure from the department.
- Utilizing the PACS (Picture Archive Communication System) Ultra Sound work list, determines with 100% accuracy patient demographics and accession number.
- Ensures quality control of exams by using PACS.
- Evaluates images for diagnostic purposes, recognizing anatomy and pathology to determine need of additional images.
- Accurately follows department standards and protocols.
- Maintains Licensure and credentials as required by governing bodies.
- Maintains at all times a clean and safe environment for patients and colleagues.
- Readily and willingly contributes the team approach to provide optimal quality care for patients.
- Maintains technical efficiency in the operation of US diagnostic equipment.
- Incorporates Lahey Clinic Guiding Principles and Mission Statement into daily activities.
- Complies with all Lahey Clinic Policies.
- Complies with behavioral expectations of the department and Lahey Clinic.
- Maintains courteous and effective interactions with colleagues and patients.
- Demonstrates an understanding of job description, performance expectations, and competency assessment.
- Demonstrates a commitment toward meeting and exceeding the needs of our customers and consistently adheres to our Customer service standards.
- Participates in departmental and/or interdepartmental quality improvement activities.
- Participates in and successfully completes Mandatory Education.
- Performs other duties in support of the organization as required or directed.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
2. Orienting/Mentoring new staff
3. Cleaning and stocking rooms/ or notifying Team Leader of need.
4. Assisting in the training of Ultrasound students
5. Assisting the support staff as needed.
Education: Two year AMA accredited School of Diagnostic Ultra Sonography or grandfathered into profession. (Must be able to show explicit competencies.)
Licensure, Certification, Registration: RDMS / or RDMS registry eligible and basic life support (BLS) certified.
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities: Must be proficient in the use of Ultrasound equipment, competent in recognizing anatomy/pathology.
Experience: Will train new Graduate, preferred 1-2 years in a large hospital setting, knowledge of PACS, RIS, Doppler and color flow and Organ Transplants.
The Lahey Model of Care—right care, right time, right place—is exactly what patients, providers and payers need and deserve. Identifying and delivering on this convergence of interests has positioned Lahey Health for further growth. Our model ensures care is highly coordinated and locally delivered, with lower costs and exceptional quality.
Lahey Health is a robust, regional system including a teaching hospital, community hospitals, primary care providers, specialists, behavioral and home health services, skilled nursing and rehabilitation facilities, and senior care resources throughout northeastern Massachusetts and southern New Hampshire. The system has a global presence with programs in Canada, Jordan and Bermuda.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.