Location: Beverly, MA
Job ID: 155149-1A
Date Posted: Oct 2, 2019
Category: Clinical Support
Beverly Hospital is part of a vibrant and growing health care system, recognized as a trailblazer in medicine and a standard bearer in patient experience. It includes an award-winning academic medical center, a superb constellation of community hospitals, home care services, rehabilitation facilities and more.
We are committed to attracting, developing and retaining top talent in a market long recognized and revered as a global leader in health. With a team approach to care, we encourage learning and growth at all levels, and we offer competitive salaries and benefits. We adhere to the principles of a just and fair work environment for all colleagues, where respect is foundational and performance is rewarded.
About the Job
Beverly Hospital, A member of Lahey Health, promotes the culture and philosophy which enables employees to give and receive the best of care. You can become a part of the team that achieves this success through our CREATE values of Compassion, Respect, Excellence, Accountability, Teamwork, and Empathy.
Assumes responsibility for providing skilled, creative, high quality care to patients under the direction and supervision of the Registered Nurse. Performs a variety of direct and indirect patient care duties and responsibilities in collaboration with other nursing staff. Is expected to work effectively and collaboratively with the multi-disciplinary treatment team to enhance the smooth delivery of quality nursing care.
Per diem, hours assigned as needed.
Essential Functions/Key Responsibilities:
1. Supports the hospital in such a manner that there is a strong and positive commitment to quality patient care.
2. Serves as a preceptor for new employees and educate staff, as needed.
3. Utilizes supervision in a positive and thoughtful manner to enhance professional improvement and development.
4. Attends clinical meetings that will have impact on patient care.
5. Maintains solid understanding of hospital policies and protocols, and practices within those policies and protocols.
6. Participates in any ongoing quality improvement studies that will have positive patient care outcomes.
7. Maintains understanding of and follow regulatory agencies? expectations and guidelines (i.e. DMH, DPH, JCAHO, payors, etc.).
8. Records and reports all observed symptoms, reactions, treatments and changes in the patient?s safety status to the Registered Nurse.
9. Monitors the patient milieu for safety issues and assist with promoting a positive therapeutic environment.
10. Responds to patient care needs and issues, assist patients with personal hygiene and other activities of daily living. Collaborate with nurses to assist with any patient nursing needs.
11. Assists in the transfer process ensuring that patient safety is addressed, monitor patient valuables during body and belonging search and enter proper data into computer.
12. Remains in patient area at all times when on a patient watch unless relieved by appropriate number of staff.
13. Maintains yearly/biyearly requirements of CPR, Risk Management and Aggression Management.
14. Performs other duties as assigned.
College degree in psychology or related field preferred with theoretical as well as practical knowledge of the clinical area.