Lahey Health is a vibrant and growing health care system, recognized as a trailblazer in medicine and a standard bearer in patient experience. It includes an award-winning academic medical center, a superb constellation of community hospitals, home care services, rehabilitation facilities and more.
We are committed to attracting, developing and retaining top talent in a market long recognized and revered as a global leader in health. With a team approach to care, we encourage learning and growth at all levels, and we offer competitive salaries and benefits. We adhere to the principles of a just and fair work environment for all colleagues, where respect is foundational and performance is rewarded.
About the Job
Under the supervision of PHP program manager, provides secretarial and reception duties for ambulatory services (PHP) staff.
36 hours per week
The Lahey Model of Care—right care, right time, right place—is exactly what patients, providers and payers need and deserve. Identifying and delivering on this convergence of interests has positioned Lahey Health for further growth. Our model ensures care is highly coordinated and locally delivered, with lower costs and exceptional quality.
Lahey Health is a robust, regional system including a teaching hospital, community hospitals, primary care providers, specialists, behavioral and home health services, skilled nursing and rehabilitation facilities, and senior care resources throughout northeastern Massachusetts and southern New Hampshire. The system has a global presence with programs in Canada, Jordan and Bermuda.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.
- Is expected to support the administrative and clinical staff in such a manner that there is a strong commitment to quality patient care
- Must have a positive demeanor that allows for respectful and courteous interactions with external and internal customers
- Consistently greets all patients courteously and promptly
- Displays discretion in matters relating to patients, staff, and other professionals
- Accurate, thorough, efficient, and informs Program Manager of unexpected problems.
- Ensures an adequate inventory of supplies and ordering of forms as needed.
- Courteously answers the telephone and accurately records or transfers messages and calls to clinical staff
- Using EMR, registers patients and schedules appointments
- Assists in the orientation of new staff and interns, provides support and guidance
- Displays initiative, sound judgment, and is a self-starter
- Is aware of staffing policies and is punctual. Gives adequate notice of planned lateness and absences.
- Maintains open communication with all levels of the organization
- Professional in attitude and attire. Complies with hospital dress code
- Provide reception/registration/scheduling coverage for Outpatient Department secretary as needed.
- Willing to perform other duties not documented in the job description
- Educational and Professional:
- One to two years experience in medical secretary procedures
- Good typing, good organizational skills, ability to use Electronic Medical Record (EMR), and the ability to use sound judgment
- Ability to work with patients
- Ability to communicate effectively with supervisor and peers.
- Represents the organization positively
- Knowledge and Abilities:
- Ability to work cooperatively and effectively with others
- Demonstrates willingness to learn and teach
- Ability to use sound judgment
- Demonstrates interpersonal relations skills
- Knowledge of department standards, policies, and practices
- Innovative and creative
- Must be fluent in English (verbal and written)