Job ID: 155254-1A
Date Posted: May 16, 2019
Lahey Health Urgent Care is part of a vibrant and growing health care system, recognized as a trailblazer in medicine and a standard bearer in patient experience. It includes an award-winning academic medical center, a superb constellation of community hospitals, home care services, rehabilitation facilities and more.
We are committed to attracting, developing and retaining top talent in a market long recognized and revered as a global leader in health. With a team approach to care, we encourage learning and growth at all levels, and we offer competitive salaries and benefits. We adhere to the principles of a just and fair work environment for all colleagues, where respect is foundational and performance is rewarded.
About the Job
Essential Duties & Responsibilities including but not limited to:
1) Greet and check in patients; acknowledge patient appointments using computerized appointment scheduling system; print out daily schedules.
2) Manage patient flow and escort patients to exam rooms.
3) Prepare patients for radiologic examinations; perform radiographic procedures using radiologic equipment based on provider orders.
4) Perform routine equipment start-up and perform quality control checks.
5) Set up files for new patients; prepare requisition forms, encounter forms, flash cards; pull and prepare x-ray jackets; prepare and release copies of films as requested by patient or for referrals to outside providers.
6) Enter patients orders in IDXRAD.
7) Photoprint films with patient information and develop films using dark room equipment; critique films for diagnostic technical quality and repeat films as necessary; prepare films for interpretation by radiologist.
8) Perform routine quality control testing and maintain quality control logs as required by ACR and according to HCFA regulations; schedule routing maintenance visits.
9) Maintain radiographic filing system and purge inactive files according to specifications.
10) Perform housekeeping, handle hazardous waste and keep exam rooms fully stocked; sterilize and maintain instruments and equipment; inventory and order radiologic supplies.
11) Maintain established departmental policies and procedures/objectives, quality assurance program, as well as safety, environmental and infection control standards.
12) Incorporates Lahey Health Guiding Principles , Mission Statement and Goals into daily activities.
13) Complies with all Lahey Health Policies.
14) Complies with behavioral expectations of the department and Lahey Health.
15) Maintains courteous and effective interactions with colleagues and patients.
16) Demonstrates an understanding of the job description, performance expectations, and competency assessment.
17) Demonstrates a commitment toward meeting and exceeding the needs of our customers and consistently adheres to Customer Service standards.
18) Participates in departmental and/or interdepartmental quality improvement activities.
19) Participates in and successfully completes Mandatory Education.
20) Performs all other duties as needed or directed to meet the needs of the department.
Education: Graduate of an AMA approved radiologic technology program.
Licensure, Certification, Registration: Licensed by the Commonwealth of Massachusetts by the Mass Department of Public Health Radiation Control Program. Registered or registry eligible by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT).
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities: Ability to work effectively with minimal supervision, Excellent communication skills to effectively interact with patients, providers and outside specialists. Ability to make sound decisions under pressure and use independent judgment. In the absence of any of these skills, demonstrates the ability to be thoroughly trained to meet organizational standards.
Experience: One year experience as a radiographer using x-ray equipment.
VARIABLE/ GLOUCESTER URGENT CARE
The Lahey Model of Care—right care, right time, right place—is exactly what patients, providers and payers need and deserve. Identifying and delivering on this convergence of interests has positioned Lahey Health for further growth. Our model ensures care is highly coordinated and locally delivered, with lower costs and exceptional quality.
Lahey Health is a robust, regional system including a teaching hospital, community hospitals, primary care providers, specialists, behavioral and home health services, skilled nursing and rehabilitation facilities, and senior care resources throughout northeastern Massachusetts and southern New Hampshire. The system has a global presence with programs in Canada, Jordan and Bermuda.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.