Lahey Health Shared Services is part of a vibrant and growing health care system, recognized as a trailblazer in medicine and a standard bearer in patient experience. It includes an award-winning academic medical center, a superb constellation of community hospitals, home care services, rehabilitation facilities and more.
We are committed to attracting, developing and retaining top talent in a market long recognized and revered as a global leader in health. With a team approach to care, we encourage learning and growth at all levels, and we offer competitive salaries and benefits. We adhere to the principles of a just and fair work environment for all colleagues, where respect is foundational and performance is rewarded.
About the Job
Performs a variety of duties related to the information technology applications. Responsibilities include assisting with design, development, system configuration, implementation and support of information systems for the organization, planning development, training and evaluation of application functionality, working with the team and key customers to ensure appropriate development training and implementation of application functionally.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities including but not limited to:
- Delivers work within established timeframes. Must be able to manage/multi-task on several large assigned projects incorporating all aspects of IS.
- Builds and maintains EHR application content as assigned by department lead/manager.
- Follows functional specification documents to create content within the EHR application
- Completes thorough unit testing of all build prior to handoff for functional and/or integrated testing
- Documents and reports system issues through internal chain of command; communication with vendor where appropriate
- Applies proven communication, analytical and problem-solving skills to help identify, communicate and resolve system issues to maximize system potential
- Provides first level/tier end user support during implementation; able to serve as a application expert to assist in application roll-out
- Participates in on-call coverage as assigned.
- Communicates effectively; includes communication around progress of build tasks in adherence to prescribed project milestone dates
- Participates in workflow design and understands how the system will impact end users
- Stays current with new application functionality and enhancements
- Provides on-call/after-hours support.
- Achieves and maintains application certification in accordance with departmental and organizational standards
- Maintains confidentiality with regard to the information being processed, stored or accessed by the system.
- Incorporates Lahey Clinic Guiding Principles, Mission Statement and Goals into daily activities.
- Complies with all Lahey Clinic Policies and Procedures.
- Complies with behavioral expectations of the department and Lahey Clinic.
- Maintains courteous and effective interactions with colleagues and patients.
- Demonstrates an understanding of the job description, performance expectations, and competency assessment.
- Demonstrates a commitment toward meeting and exceeding the needs of our customers and consistently adheres to Customer Service standards.
- Participates in departmental and/or interdepartmental quality improvement activities.
- Participates in and successfully completes Mandatory Education.
- Performs all other duties as needed or directed to meet the needs of the department.
- Bachelors Degree in a related field. In the absence of a Bachelors degree, 8 years of clinical, healthcare operations, information technology or health information technology experience, in addition to the experience requirement shown below.
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities:
- Ability to multi-task
- Self-starter and motivator
- Excellent problem solving and written and oral communication skills
- Candidate will have a proven track record of producing quality deliverables on time, taking ownership and accountability of assignments and demonstrating a strong work ethic
- Willingness to address issues and take ownership, knowing when and how to escalate issues
- Knowledge of process redesign
- Experience working in a clinical setting.
The Lahey Model of Care—right care, right time, right place—is exactly what patients, providers and payers need and deserve. Identifying and delivering on this convergence of interests has positioned Lahey Health for further growth. Our model ensures care is highly coordinated and locally delivered, with lower costs and exceptional quality.
Lahey Health is a robust, regional system including a teaching hospital, community hospitals, primary care providers, specialists, behavioral and home health services, skilled nursing and rehabilitation facilities, and senior care resources throughout northeastern Massachusetts and southern New Hampshire. The system has a global presence with programs in Canada, Jordan and Bermuda.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.