Lahey Health Shared Services is part of a vibrant and growing health care system, recognized as a trailblazer in medicine and a standard bearer in patient experience. It includes an award-winning academic medical center, a superb constellation of community hospitals, home care services, rehabilitation facilities and more.
We are committed to attracting, developing and retaining top talent in a market long recognized and revered as a global leader in health. With a team approach to care, we encourage learning and growth at all levels, and we offer competitive salaries and benefits. We adhere to the principles of a just and fair work environment for all colleagues, where respect is foundational and performance is rewarded.
About the Job
Under the supervision of the manager and/or the coordinator, and following established guidelines, performs a variety of clerical tasks related to the accounts payable function. Activities include computer data entry, batching and processing invoices, validation of invoices and purchase orders, initiating automated check printing, and reconciliation of statements and reports.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities including but not limited to:
- Performs vendor file set up and maintenance in computerized system. Obtain completed W-9 forms and follow IRS guidelines relating to 1099 vendors.
- Add new groups (batches) prior to the processing of invoices. Balance, verify and maintain groups as needed.
- Validate and correct online purchase order information to the invoice line. Verify PO type, fund account numbers, capital items, authorizations and the vendor remit address. Identify and resolve problems prior to data entry. Obtain proper authorizations for invoices and voucher check requests prior to payment.
- Oversee check printing and check stock replenishment. Lock printer doors and oversee the sealing of printed checks.
- Perform the invoice and payment matching cycle. Verify correct vendor, remit address, voucher, invoice numbers and amount. Sort checks and documentation into proper folders for manual signatures. Submit voids and stop payments for check cancellation.
- Reconcile vendor statements, invoices on hold and negative balance reports. Follow up and resolve invoices received without purchase order numbers.
- Incorporates Lahey Clinic Guiding Principles , Mission Statement and Goals into daily activities.
- Complies with all Lahey Clinic Policies.
- Complies with behavioral expectations of the department and Lahey Clinic.
- Maintains courteous and effective interactions with colleagues and patients.
- Demonstrates an understanding of the job description, performance expectations, and competency assessment.
- Demonstrates a commitment toward meeting and exceeding the needs of our customers and consistently adheres to Customer Service standards.
- Participates in departmental and/or interdepartmental quality improvement activities.
- Participates in and successfully completes Mandatory Education.
- Performs all other duties as needed or directed to meet the needs of the department.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities:
- Computer skills for data entry and navigation using PeopleSoft or comparable platform; general knowledge of accounts payable practices; attention to detail, filing; customer service and interpersonal skills. In the absence of any of these skills, demonstrates the ability to be thoroughly trained to meet organizational standards.
- Minimum of 2 years experience processing electronic Accounts Payable in a high volume, corporate environment.
The Lahey Model of Care—right care, right time, right place—is exactly what patients, providers and payers need and deserve. Identifying and delivering on this convergence of interests has positioned Lahey Health for further growth. Our model ensures care is highly coordinated and locally delivered, with lower costs and exceptional quality.
Lahey Health is a robust, regional system including a teaching hospital, community hospitals, primary care providers, specialists, behavioral and home health services, skilled nursing and rehabilitation facilities, and senior care resources throughout northeastern Massachusetts and southern New Hampshire. The system has a global presence with programs in Canada, Jordan and Bermuda.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.