This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Reading, MA
Job ID: 154216-1A
Date Posted: Jun 19, 2019
Winchester Physician Associates is part of a vibrant and growing health care system, recognized as a trailblazer in medicine and a standard bearer in patient experience. It includes an award-winning academic medical center, a superb constellation of community hospitals, home care services, rehabilitation facilities and more.
We are committed to attracting, developing and retaining top talent in a market long recognized and revered as a global leader in health. With a team approach to care, we encourage learning and growth at all levels, and we offer competitive salaries and benefits. We adhere to the principles of a just and fair work environment for all colleagues, where respect is foundational and performance is rewarded.
About the Job
GENERAL SUMMARY: Triages patient/family phone calls and messages providing advice and support. Calls in prescriptions to pharmacy as instructed by providers. Communicates laboratory and diagnostic test results as instructed by providers. Administers medications and immunizations as ordered by providers. Cross-trained to medical assistant role. Practices under the scope of practice for LPN’s in Massachusetts.
4. Demonstrates the ability to assesses situations, consider alternatives, and choose the
best course of action while recognizing the role of the LPN in the practice. Seek guidance and direction, as needed.
5. Performs and documents varying exam preparatory duties including height, weight, blood pressure, EKG, blood sugar, vision and hearing testing, and ear lavage.
6. Interfaces with patients and families providing telephone advice and support, prescription refills as instructed by providers, and laboratory and diagnostic test results.
7. Assists with minor procedures. Applies and changes dressings. Monitors in office IVs. Administers medications in office as ordered by providers.
8. Performs laboratory testing including urinalysis and throat cultures.
9. Maintains clean, organized and well stocked exam rooms. Order medical supplies or communicates stock needs to staff responsible for reordering.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
2. At least 3 years experience as a LPN in a medical office setting preferred
3. Keyboarding ability
LICENSE, CERTIFICATION REQUIRED: Licensed Practical Nurse
LIFE SUPPORT CERTIFICATION: Basic Life Support
AGE SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTS: Infants (in Pediatric and Family Practice offices), Children (in Pediatric and Family Practice offices), Adolescents, Adults, and Geriatrics.
VARIABLE / PER DIEM / READING, MA
The Lahey Model of Care—right care, right time, right place—is exactly what patients, providers and payers need and deserve. Identifying and delivering on this convergence of interests has positioned Lahey Health for further growth. Our model ensures care is highly coordinated and locally delivered, with lower costs and exceptional quality.
Lahey Health is a robust, regional system including a teaching hospital, community hospitals, primary care providers, specialists, behavioral and home health services, skilled nursing and rehabilitation facilities, and senior care resources throughout northeastern Massachusetts and southern New Hampshire. The system has a global presence with programs in Canada, Jordan and Bermuda.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.