Location: Peabody, MA
Job ID: 154124-1A
Date Posted: May 7, 2019
Lahey Hospital & Medical Center is part of a vibrant and growing health care system, recognized as a trailblazer in medicine and a standard bearer in patient experience. It includes an award-winning academic medical center, a superb constellation of community hospitals, home care services, rehabilitation facilities and more.
We are committed to attracting, developing and retaining top talent in a market long recognized and revered as a global leader in health. With a team approach to care, we encourage learning and growth at all levels, and we offer competitive salaries and benefits. We adhere to the principles of a just and fair work environment for all colleagues, where respect is foundational and performance is rewarded.
About the Job
Position Summary: Under general supervision of the Director, assigned manager or designee, and in collaboration with physicians and other care providers, provides secretarial and administrative support to one or more individuals in a clinical environment. Utilizes specific knowledge of medical terminology.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities including but not limited to:
1) General Medical Office Functions:
· Processes and monitors Provider time away and ensures that the information is captured in all required systems.
· Answers a high volume of telephone calls in a professional manner and takes responsibility for appropriate dispositions and follow through on all phone calls. Accurately identifies those patients requiring immediate attention and relays this information to the appropriate personnel.
· Utilizes Lahey Health electronic systems in order to record thorough, and complete phone messages.
· Electronically facilitates patient prescriptions including new, refills, faxes, and prescription preauthorization’s.
· Maintains provider correspondence, reports, and statistics.
· Makes physician travel arrangements as needed.
· Maintains physician curriculum vitae, bibliography and Continuing Medical Education (CME).
· Screens, sorts and distributes mail.
Education: High school diploma or equivalent.
Licensure, Certification, Registration: None required.
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities:
Knowledge of Medical terminology.
Proficient in standard office procedures and operation of business machines, (personal computer, fax, telephone, dictaphone, others as appropriate).
Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills; organizational skills and attention to detail.
Experience: 1 year related office and/or medical office experience.