Lahey Health Shared Services is part of a vibrant and growing health care system, recognized as a trailblazer in medicine and a standard bearer in patient experience. It includes an award-winning academic medical center, a superb constellation of community hospitals, home care services, rehabilitation facilities and more.
We are committed to attracting, developing and retaining top talent in a market long recognized and revered as a global leader in health. With a team approach to care, we encourage learning and growth at all levels, and we offer competitive salaries and benefits. We adhere to the principles of a just and fair work environment for all colleagues, where respect is foundational and performance is rewarded.
About the Job
Under general direction of the IT PMO Director, provide direction to a group who is responsible for developing and implementing information technology initiatives that support the strategic objectives of Lahey Health. Utilize policies and procedures for project management methodology and defining, testing, and installing the information technology initiatives based upon the user-defined business requirements. Provide an effective liaison between the business departments, the project Steering Committee and the information Services department, as well as, external vendors providing IS related services.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities including but not limited to:
- Direct and manage project development from beginning to end. Typically 'small' and 'medium' sized projects will be managed.
- Define project scope, goals and deliverables that support business goals in collaboration with management and stakeholders.
- Develop full-scale project plans and associated communications documents.
- Effectively communicate project expectations to team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion
- Liaise with project stakeholders on an ongoing basis.
- Estimate the resources and participants needed to achieve project goals.
- Draft and submit budget proposals, and recommend subsequent budget changes where necessary.
- Where required, negotiate with other department managers for the acquisition of required resources from within Lahey Health.
- Determine and assess need for additional staff and/or consultants and make the appropriate recruitments if necessary during project cycle.
- Set and continually manage project expectations with team members and other stakeholders.
- Delegate tasks and responsibilities to appropriate colleagues.
- Identify and resolve issues and conflicts within the project team.
- Identify and manage project dependencies, using critical path methodology.
- Plan and schedule project timelines and milestones using appropriate tools.
- Track project milestones and deliverables.
- Develop and deliver progress reports, proposals, requirements documentation, and presentations.
- Determine the frequency and content of status reports from the project team, analyze results, and troubleshoot problem areas.
- Manage changes in project scope, identify deviations or areas of potential conflict, and devise contingency plans.
- Define project success criteria and disseminate them to involved parties throughout project life cycle.
- Coach, mentor, motivate and supervise project team members and contractors, and guide them to take positive action and accountability for their assigned work.
- Build, develop, and grow any business relationships vital to the success of the project.
- Conduct project lesson learned session and create a recommendations report in order to identify successful and unsuccessful project elements.
- Develop best practices and tools for project planning, execution and management.
- Act as project management advisor for IT projects not being directly managed by IT PMO.
- Assist in Project Management training as required.
- Utilized software applications as needed to accomplish responsibilities, i.e. MS Office, Visio, Project, SharePoint, and others as adopted by the IT PMO.
- Bachelor’s degree required
Licensure, Certification & Registration:
- PMP Certification or commitment to attain PMP certification within one year.
- A minimum of 3 years of IT Project Management Experience
- Experience creating Business Requirements, Project Plans, Project Schedules and associated project materials
- Experience with supporting both purchased and in-house developed hardware and software applications
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities:
- MS Office Tools (Word, Excel, Project, PowerPoint, Visio)
- Good understanding of Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK) Discipline (Integration, Scope, Time, Quality, Human Resources, Communications, Risk Management, Procurement)
- Expert understanding of project life cycles.
- Ability to effectively manage time, prioritize work, multi-task across many assignments and delegate.
- Ability to assess the impact of new project requirements on an existing team workload.
- Technical writing skills producing clear and unambiguous deliverables.
- Ability to articulate a variety of departmental and organizational goals, strategies and plans into integrated tasks with timelines and resource assignments.
- Demonstrated organization, verbal, written and inter-personal skills.
- Excellent leadership, management, analytical, problem solving and technical skills.
- Strong knowledge of clinic and hospital clinical practices.
- Familiarity with clinical systems such as AllScripts and EPIC.
- Demonstrated skills in strategic and critical thinking, negotiation and relationship building.
- Global vision and perspective in all areas of decision-making.
- Exhibit the highest values of excellence, integrity and innovation.
- Knowledge of project change management.
- Decisive, and flexible
- Problem solver, consensus builder, results oriented with ability to quickly take action to achieve goals.
- Energetic, self-confident, and persuasive.
- Solid technical grounding, project management and implementation experience.
- Ability to work with a variety of vendors and implementing and supporting multiple products.
- Proven leadership abilities and comprehensive knowledge of healthcare information systems.
- Customer focused, and service oriented.
- Proven management skills with a track record of mentoring and developing staff.
- Ability to handle multiple projects with aggressive timelines.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize work.
- Capable of using Micro-Soft Windows Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Visio and Project.
- Proven team-building skills with technical and non-technical staff.
The Lahey Model of Care—right care, right time, right place—is exactly what patients, providers and payers need and deserve. Identifying and delivering on this convergence of interests has positioned Lahey Health for further growth. Our model ensures care is highly coordinated and locally delivered, with lower costs and exceptional quality.
Lahey Health is a robust, regional system including a teaching hospital, community hospitals, primary care providers, specialists, behavioral and home health services, skilled nursing and rehabilitation facilities, and senior care resources throughout northeastern Massachusetts and southern New Hampshire. The system has a global presence with programs in Canada, Jordan and Bermuda.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.