Lahey Health Shared Services is part of a vibrant and growing health care system, recognized as a trailblazer in medicine and a standard bearer in patient experience. It includes an award-winning academic medical center, a superb constellation of community hospitals, home care services, rehabilitation facilities and more.
We are committed to attracting, developing and retaining top talent in a market long recognized and revered as a global leader in health. With a team approach to care, we encourage learning and growth at all levels, and we offer competitive salaries and benefits. We adhere to the principles of a just and fair work environment for all colleagues, where respect is foundational and performance is rewarded.
About the Job
The Recruiter serves as a strategic business partner responsible for defining open positions, attracting and hiring diverse, top talent, as well as, delivering metrics necessary to achieve “best in class” talent acquisition. The Recruiter partners with assigned department clients and other areas of Human Resources to design/ implement effective and creative recruitment plans. This person will provide recruitment services in a positive, timely, service oriented, cost efficient and effective manner. Recruitment services are delivered by working closely with hiring management to understand their business, proactively address their staffing needs, and provide Recruitment and Workforce Planning services to meet those needs.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities including but not limited to:
- Responsible for consulting with department clients, to define short and long term staffing needs (based on succession planning, hiring forecast, expected/unexpected turnover and new program development).
- Assists hiring managers with job analysis and job description development, including ensuring appropriate content, reviewing content and maintaining job description repository.
- Conducts intake sessions with hiring managers to gain a thorough understanding and defines each open position, sets expectations and ensures alignment regarding key steps in the hiring process through the use of a service level agreement.
- Develops and implements recruitment plans for assigned departments and/or key jobs that identify sourcing activities, project recruitment costs and take into consideration other issues that impact ability to recruit and retain qualified staff, including but not limited to, compensation and other labor market issues.
- Prepares applicants for interviewing with specific hiring managers by providing detailed information regarding the job via job descriptions, department structure and the role within the organization.
- Manages the qualification, interview and selection process. Recommends top 3-5 candidates for hiring manager interviews. Participates in post interview debrief/feedback with interview teams to ensure selection of the best candidate.
- Manages candidates who are referred by internal employees to ensure a positive candidate experience for referred candidates.
- Consults with management on hiring, promotion and transfer decisions including making recommendations, candidate selection and job offer terms. Determines and recommends new hire or transfer rates of pay considering internal equity, labor market issues, implications for other departments and health system compensation policy. Extends job offers to final candidates.
- Define needed metrics, qualitative information and client feedback to project vacancies in assigned departments and/or key jobs for each fiscal year. Regularly produces and shares recruitment metrics for assigned client group on a regular basis.
- Utilizes technology tools to facilitate recruiting, hiring and on-boarding processes. Ensures that information is entered, maintained, current and accurate in the Applicant Tracking System, including but not limited to, job posting content, candidate tracking, anecdotal information and other required data.
- Builds relationships with peers, hiring managers and executives.
- Trains and educates new directors/managers/supervisors on the staffing process.
- Bachelor degree in Business, Human Resources, Sales/Marketing or related discipline or related experience
- Requires a minimum of 3-5 years’ recruitment experience and other human resources disciplines as they pertain to recruitment including, compensation, benefits, HRIS, employee/labor relations, training and organization development).
- Strongly prefer healthcare industry experience.
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities:
- Experience with full scope staffing including knowledge of sourcing efficiencies, candidate assessment techniques and job offer negotiation skills.
- Strong knowledge and application of Federal and State employment laws, regulations and legislation.
- Experience utilizing structured candidate assessment methodologies (i.e. – behavioral based interviewing) for candidate selection.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects, establish service level agreements to meet and exceed customer expectations.
- Effective presentation skills.
- Intermediate to advanced level computer skills including Microsoft Office - Outlook, or G Suite and PowerPoint, Excel and Word.
- Experience with applicant tracking systems and other electronic recruitment tools.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, influencing, listening, fact finding and problem solving.
- Exemplary organizational skills, flexibility to adapt to changing priorities and follow through on requests.
- Ability to analyze using qualitative and quantitative information for decision support.
- Ability to influence hiring management to move quickly in selection and offer stages to optimize the opportunity to hire top candidates.
The Lahey Model of Care—right care, right time, right place—is exactly what patients, providers and payers need and deserve. Identifying and delivering on this convergence of interests has positioned Lahey Health for further growth. Our model ensures care is highly coordinated and locally delivered, with lower costs and exceptional quality.
Lahey Health is a robust, regional system including a teaching hospital, community hospitals, primary care providers, specialists, behavioral and home health services, skilled nursing and rehabilitation facilities, and senior care resources throughout northeastern Massachusetts and southern New Hampshire. The system has a global presence with programs in Canada, Jordan and Bermuda.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.