Location: Lawrence, MA
Job ID: 154557-1A
Date Posted: Aug 6, 2019
Lahey Health Behavioral Services is part of a vibrant and growing health care system, recognized as a trailblazer in medicine and a standard bearer in patient experience. It includes an award-winning academic medical center, a superb constellation of community hospitals, home care services, rehabilitation facilities and more.
We are committed to attracting, developing and retaining top talent in a market long recognized and revered as a global leader in health. With a team approach to care, we encourage learning and growth at all levels, and we offer competitive salaries and benefits. We adhere to the principles of a just and fair work environment for all colleagues, where respect is foundational and performance is rewarded.
About the Job
*Sign on bonus up to $3000 (prorated for part time)
The MCI Coordinator oversees the day to day operations of the child and family related component by coordinating operations of the mobile crisis team with adherence to the “wrap around philosophy”. The Coordinator will provide rapid and effective assessment, support, hospitalization when necessary, linkage to community resources and crisis prevention planning and follow-up. Responsible for the overall administration of the Mobile Crisis Program, including the appropriate utilization and management of staff and quality of patient care with emphasis upon an inter-disciplinary team approach to the delivery of care.
Essential Functions/Key Responsibilities:
1. Coordinates daily operations and activities of the Mobile Crisis Intervention Program. Triages requests for services and assigns MCI staff to complete interventions and evaluations.
2. Assigns and distributes cases as determined by acuity, staffing and specialized needs and facilitates the transfer of cases from one clinician to another when clinically appropriate.
3. Maintains overall responsibility for managing the flow and pacing of client care, by maintaining clinical and administrative oversight of the clinicians.
4. Acts as first line consultant to clinicians for dispositions, especially for complex cases.
5. Provides emergency diagnostic evaluations of clients with emotional, psychiatric or related disorders to identify problems, determine lethality and develop appropriate treatment/disposition both on site and in the community.
6. Facilitates referrals for and provides information on both Medicaid and non-Medicaid services. Ensures smooth access to MassHealth behavioral health services in the area by maintaining regular communication and interagency relationships.
7. Works collaboratively with hospitals, courts, and insurance companies when needed and remains in compliance with HIPPA regulations.
8. Conducts regularly scheduled team meetings to foster discussions of relevant clinical needs of populations served as well as to disseminate administrative information.
9. Provides clinical and administrative supervision to clinicians and/or interns. Continuously assesses learning needs of supervisees; develops and implements learning objectives and supervision plan;completes performance reviews as required.
10. Ensures availability outside of scheduled supervisory meetings and promptly responds to clinical emergencies. Expectation of on-call duties on-site during hours of operation.
11. Responsible for monitoring and ensuring that supervisee’s paperwork is timely and written in an accurate, legible and concise manner (including proper completion of billing paperwork). Ensures supervisee’s records are in compliance with the organizations methods of Quality Assurance.
12. In collaboration with the Program Director, conducts ongoing review of the clinical program design, suggests and if applicable implements recommendations for improvement.
13. Attends monthly statewide meetings and trainings to ensure new regulations and best practices are implemented within the program with the intention of consistently providing high quality care.
14. Continuously promotes the psycho-education within the community, specifically regarding CBHI and MCI services.
Qualifications & Education:
40 hours, full time.
The Lahey Model of Care—right care, right time, right place—is exactly what patients, providers and payers need and deserve. Identifying and delivering on this convergence of interests has positioned Lahey Health for further growth. Our model ensures care is highly coordinated and locally delivered, with lower costs and exceptional quality.
Lahey Health is a robust, regional system including a teaching hospital, community hospitals, primary care providers, specialists, behavioral and home health services, skilled nursing and rehabilitation facilities, and senior care resources throughout northeastern Massachusetts and southern New Hampshire. The system has a global presence with programs in Canada, Jordan and Bermuda.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.