Lahey Health Shared Services is part of a vibrant and growing health care system, recognized as a trailblazer in medicine and a standard bearer in patient experience. It includes an award-winning academic medical center, a superb constellation of community hospitals, home care services, rehabilitation facilities and more.
We are committed to attracting, developing and retaining top talent in a market long recognized and revered as a global leader in health. With a team approach to care, we encourage learning and growth at all levels, and we offer competitive salaries and benefits. We adhere to the principles of a just and fair work environment for all colleagues, where respect is foundational and performance is rewarded.
About the Job
Responsible for sourcing, recruiting and hiring of qualified individuals to fill open positions that fit our organizations needs and fit our culture. Works closely with the hiring managers to assure that recruiting efforts support the overall needs and goals of individual departments and Winchester Hospital/Lahey Health.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities including but not limited to:
- Responds to inquiries from potential applicants. Keeps applicants abreast of process as is necessary and appropriate. Reviews solicited and unsolicited applications/resumes. Screens appropriate internal and external applicants via phone call or in-person interview.
- Refers appropriate applicants to hiring managers. Conducts interview follow-up with managers and assists as necessary in the decision-making process.
- Consults with the compensation regarding proper salary offers and potential equity pay or market pay issues.
- Coordinates the hiring process including reference and background checks, license verification, verbal offers, scheduling of pre-employment physicals, orientation scheduling and generation of offer and regret letters. Assures the hiring process is efficient and serves as an appropriate introduction to the organization for new colleagues.
- Is familiar with all openings and is able to back up other recruiters and recruitment efforts.
- Consults regularly with the appropriate Business Partner to assure proper HR support to specific client areas. Refers employee relation issues to the appropriate Business Partner for follow-up.
- Meets with internal applicants for career counseling and external applicants for informational interviews.
- Maintains recruitment statistics for both internal tracking and external reporting purposes.
- Monitors recruitment activity to assure that the hospitals commitment to diversity and workplace flexibility is being met; recommends alternative staffing solutions, when necessary, to advance this commitment.
- Verifies postings are accurate to attract the best qualified candidates. Consults with leaders to review the posting to accurately reflect the current needs of the department within legal and job description constraints.
- Participates in the on-boarding of new employees. Completes edibility to work review, including but not limited to: the CORI or other background check requirements, OIG verification, License and/or certification verification.
- Schedules employee health screenings and sign on appointments, ensuring all stakeholders in the process have adequate notice of the appointments and the necessary information. Books individuals for the appropriate orientation meetings. Creates customized sign on packets. Collects required paperwork and documentation.
- Foster's the hospital's culture and PROMISE standards in all efforts and interactions.
- Consults with managers on the use of temporary agency staff.
- Actively participates as a member of the Human Resources team, participating in HR in-services, projects and activities.
- An Associate’s degree plus 4 additional years of recruiting experience or 8 additional years of recruiting experience may be considered in lieu of a Bachelor’s degree.
- 5+ years recruitment experience
- Hospital setting preferred
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities:
- PC skills, preferably Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Access) Google Mail, Customer Service orientation with excellent follow-through.
- Knowledge of current federal and state Human Resource related laws and regulations.
The Lahey Model of Care—right care, right time, right place—is exactly what patients, providers and payers need and deserve. Identifying and delivering on this convergence of interests has positioned Lahey Health for further growth. Our model ensures care is highly coordinated and locally delivered, with lower costs and exceptional quality.
Lahey Health is a robust, regional system including a teaching hospital, community hospitals, primary care providers, specialists, behavioral and home health services, skilled nursing and rehabilitation facilities, and senior care resources throughout northeastern Massachusetts and southern New Hampshire. The system has a global presence with programs in Canada, Jordan and Bermuda.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.