Lahey Health Behavioral Services is part of a vibrant and growing health care system, recognized as a trailblazer in medicine and a standard bearer in patient experience. It includes an award-winning academic medical center, a superb constellation of community hospitals, home care services, rehabilitation facilities and more.
We are committed to attracting, developing and retaining top talent in a market long recognized and revered as a global leader in health. With a team approach to care, we encourage learning and growth at all levels, and we offer competitive salaries and benefits. We adhere to the principles of a just and fair work environment for all colleagues, where respect is foundational and performance is rewarded.
About the Job
Under the direction and in collaboration with the Vice President of Addiction Services, the program director is responsible for the overall administration of a twenty-five bed Transitional Support Services (TSS) program including program design and implementation and fiscal and facility management. The Program Director is responsible for ensuring that services meet established licensing and quality standards, as well as customer service objectives. The individual in this position is required to participate in rotating weekend and after-hours on-call coverage for the TSS and co-located Ryan House program.
- Ensures the program is compliant with regulatory and contractual requirements at all times.
- Develops, implements and enforces corporate and program specific policies and procedures.
- Provides training and supervision to ensure that evidence based practices are used in daily programming.
- Has knowledge of Medication Assisted Treatment for opioid use disorders.
- Ensures that staffing ratios are met at all times.
- Ensures sound fiscal management through the development and monitoring of the programs operating budget and identifying and implementing cost saving measures.
- Works in collaboration with the Finance Department to monitor conformance to policies and procedures relative to fee structure and fee collection
- Develops and maintains working relationships with other community based service providers including but not limited to: medication assisted treatment programs, primary health care, community based outpatient services and social services programs.
- Oversees the development and implementation of systems to assess the quality of client records, ensure timeliness and thoroughness of documentation and ensures the storage of records in conformance with confidentiality regulations.
- Participates in rotating weekend and after hours on-call coverage shared with the Ryan House Program Director and Clinical Supervisor.
- Represents the agency at trade association meetings specific to adult residential services.
- Represents the services within the agency’s service continuum, in the community and to external customers.
- Maintains necessary records and prepares necessary reports.
- Participates in monthly divisional leadership meetings and other leadership meetings as requested.
- Provides direct supervision to case management, recovery support specialist, admissions and nursing staff. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Participates in interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Bachelor's Degree in business, healthcare management, social work or another related field required. Certification in alcohol and drug abuse counseling with a minimum of seven years’ experience in the addiction treatment field can be substituted for a Bachelor’s Degree.
- Openness to Medication Assisted Treatment for opioid use disorders required.
- Must demonstrate ability to relate to a substance abuse treatment population in a sensitive manner, an interest and willingness to work in a multicultural setting and must share a customer service orientation. Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics. Manages difficult or emotional client situations;
- Responds promptly to client needs and maintains confidentiality.
- A Massachusetts Driver’s License is also required.
- Preferred qualifications include knowledge of program administration, budget development and management and the ability to effectively use standard Microsoft applications such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
40 hours, full time
The Lahey Model of Care—right care, right time, right place—is exactly what patients, providers and payers need and deserve. Identifying and delivering on this convergence of interests has positioned Lahey Health for further growth. Our model ensures care is highly coordinated and locally delivered, with lower costs and exceptional quality.
Lahey Health is a robust, regional system including a teaching hospital, community hospitals, primary care providers, specialists, behavioral and home health services, skilled nursing and rehabilitation facilities, and senior care resources throughout northeastern Massachusetts and southern New Hampshire. The system has a global presence with programs in Canada, Jordan and Bermuda.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.