This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Burlington, MA
Job ID: 153973-1A
Date Posted: Dec 18, 2019
Category: Clinical Professional
Lahey Hospital & Medical Center is part of a vibrant and growing health care system, recognized as a trailblazer in medicine and a standard bearer in patient experience. It includes an award-winning academic medical center, a superb constellation of community hospitals, home care services, rehabilitation facilities and more.
We are committed to attracting, developing and retaining top talent in a market long recognized and revered as a global leader in health. With a team approach to care, we encourage learning and growth at all levels, and we offer competitive salaries and benefits. We adhere to the principles of a just and fair work environment for all colleagues, where respect is foundational and performance is rewarded.
About the Job
Under the supervision of the Team Leader and/or Assistant Team Leader performs a variety of diagnostic computerized tomographic scanner radiographs (CT) scan procedures including ER and inpatient and outpatient populations, utilizing ionizing radiation. The technologist is responsible for monitoring and maintaining essential patient care and safety including practicing ALARA (As Low As Reasonably Achievable). Flexibility to work overtime/cover at other sites as needed, on-call and holiday rotation mandatory.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities including but not limited to:
1) Obtains and documents necessary patient information/history in order to perform appropriate exam.
2) Documents all pertinent information involving the use of IV/oral contrast in medical record, and obtain accurate allergy information.
3) Performs all CT exams with 100% accuracy.
4) Begins and completes exams utilizing the RIS with 100% accuracy, 98-100%of the time.
5) Uses CT work list with 100% accuracy i.e. correct patient demographics, accession number.
6) Properly QCs exams using PACS system.
7) Properly evaluates images for Diagnostic purposes/recognizing anatomy and pathology for need of additional scan.
8) Practices ALARA (As Low As Reasonably Achievable).
9) Accurately follows department clinical protocols and standards, including but not limited to Post-processing.
10) Readily and willingly contributes to team approach to provide optimal quality care for patients, on-call and holiday rotation.
11) Maintains a clean and safe environment for patients and colleagues. Incorporates Lahey Clinic Guiding Principles and Mission Statement into daily activities.
12) Demonstrates an understanding of job description, performance expectations, and competency assessment.
13) Demonstrates a commitment toward meeting and exceeding the needs of our customers and consistently adheres to our customer service standards.
14) Participates in departmental and/or interdepartmental quality improvement activities.
15) Participates in and successfully completes mandatory education.
16) Incorporates Lahey Clinic Guiding Principles , Mission Statement and Goals into daily activities.
17) Complies with all Lahey Clinic Policies.
18) Complies with behavioral expectations of the department and Lahey Clinic.
19) Maintains courteous and effective interactions with colleagues and patients.
20) Demonstrates an understanding of the job description, performance expectations, and competency assessment.
21) Demonstrates a commitment toward meeting and exceeding the needs of our customers and consistently adheres to Customer Service standards.
22) Participates in departmental and/or interdepartmental quality improvement activities.
23) Participates in and successfully completes Mandatory Education.
24) Performs all other duties as needed or directed to meet the needs of the department.
Other Duties & Responsibilities:
2. Orienting new staff
3. Helping in training of students.
4. Helping receptionists with heavy telephone traffic as needed.
Education: Two year AMA accredited School of Radiologic Technology
Licensure, Certification, Registration: Registered by the ARRT or registry eligible. Licensed by the Commonwealth of Massachusetts' Department of Public Health: Radiation Control Program in the specialties in which the technologist practices. Maintains licensure on an annual basis. If currently trained in CT, must obtain CT certification within 12 months of employment. Requires Basic Life Support (BLS) Certification with American Heart Association
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities: Candidate must be proficient in cross sectional anatomy. Candidate must be proficient in the use CT Scanners, Power injector, Venipuncture and mobile scanner or in the absence of this skill the ability to be trained to a level of competency and obtain certification within 18 months of completing training.
Experience: One year in a trauma setting. Previous experience in a trauma center/ Prior experience with RIS/PACS preferred.
The Lahey Model of Care—right care, right time, right place—is exactly what patients, providers and payers need and deserve. Identifying and delivering on this convergence of interests has positioned Lahey Health for further growth. Our model ensures care is highly coordinated and locally delivered, with lower costs and exceptional quality.
Lahey Health is a robust, regional system including a teaching hospital, community hospitals, primary care providers, specialists, behavioral and home health services, skilled nursing and rehabilitation facilities, and senior care resources throughout northeastern Massachusetts and southern New Hampshire. The system has a global presence with programs in Canada, Jordan and Bermuda.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.