Lahey Hospital & Medical Center is part of a vibrant and growing health care system, recognized as a trailblazer in medicine and a standard bearer in patient experience. It includes an award-winning academic medical center, a superb constellation of community hospitals, home care services, rehabilitation facilities and more.
We are committed to attracting, developing and retaining top talent in a market long recognized and revered as a global leader in health. With a team approach to care, we encourage learning and growth at all levels, and we offer competitive salaries and benefits. We adhere to the principles of a just and fair work environment for all colleagues, where respect is foundational and performance is rewarded.
About the Job
Essential Duties & Responsibilities including but not limited to:
- Replaces defective pipe by cutting, bending, threading, soldering, caulking and assembling as appropriate.
- Performs steam-fitting duties, assembling pipefittings, valves, steam traps, pipe covering and insulation.
- Performs sprinkler and fire pump test, maintaining accurate records of all tests required by outside regulatory agencies.
- Maintains specialized water and treatment systems in optimum operating condition, including critical hot water, reverse osmosis, and patient, clinical and surgical air/vacuums.
- Performs assigned and scheduled preventive maintenance on equipment and systems in a timely and thorough manner.
- Maintains grease traps, plaster traps, and other waste systems.
- Interprets and works from blueprints, sketches, and written and oral instructions in order to accomplish assigned tasks. Properly estimates time, material, and equipment needed for the assignment.
- Completes required paperwork in a neat, legible, and timely manner (i.e. job requests, requisitions, logs, and daily reports).
- Responds to requests for unscheduled and/or emergency situations to meet the needs of the department (i.e. floods, roof leaks, storm emergencies, etc).
- Incorporates Lahey Clinic Guiding Principles , Mission Statement and Goals into daily activities.
- Complies with all Lahey Clinic Policies.
- Complies with behavioral expectations of the department and Lahey Clinic.
- Maintains courteous and effective interactions with colleagues and patients.
- Demonstrates an understanding of the job description, performance expectations, and competency assessment.
- Demonstrates a commitment toward meeting and exceeding the needs of our customers and consistently adheres to Customer Service standards.
- Participates in departmental and/or interdepartmental quality improvement activities.
- Participates in and successfully completes Mandatory Education.
- Performs all other duties as needed or directed to meet the needs of the department.
Education: High School Diploma or equivalent. Vocational/Trade school courses, and/or equivalent education and experience.
Licensure, Certification, Registration: Current valid Plumbing license issues by the Commonwealth of Massachusetts Division of Professional Licensure (Board of State Examiners of Plumbers & Gas Fitters).
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities: Thorough working knowledge of plumbing trade procedures and techniques. Thorough knowledge of Massachusetts State Plumbing Code, and all relevant safety/OSHA/DPH requirements. In the absence of any of these skills, demonstrates the ability to be thoroughly trained to meet organizational standards.
Experience: 3-5 years working as a licensed plumber, preferable in a healthcare or commercial setting.