This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Tewksbury, MA
Job ID: 151370-1A
Date Posted: Jul 31, 2019
Category: Clinical Professional
Lahey Health is a vibrant and growing health care system, recognized as a trailblazer in medicine and a standard bearer in patient experience. It includes an award-winning academic medical center, a superb constellation of community hospitals, home care services, rehabilitation facilities and more.
We are committed to attracting, developing and retaining top talent in a market long recognized and revered as a global leader in health. With a team approach to care, we encourage learning and growth at all levels, and we offer competitive salaries and benefits. We adhere to the principles of a just and fair work environment for all colleagues, where respect is foundational and performance is rewarded.
About the Job
50 bed residential drug and alcohol treatment center for men 18+
Participates in assessment and evaluation services, aids in formulating effective treatment plans, discharge planning and assists in conducting individual and/or group, family substance abuse counseling and case management services in a residential transitional care facility.
1. Interviews clients, reviews records, and confers with other professionals to evaluate condition of client.
2. Obtains and documents in a precise and timely manner all relevant intake material. Assesses patient's continuing care needs, contacts appropriate aftercare resources, and arranges for transfer or admission to appropriate levels of care and/or liaison with self-help organizations.
3. Assists in formulating a treatment plan based on comprehensive biopsychosocial assessment of client.
4. Shares responsibility for educational and other group programming.
5. Attends staff meetings and supervisory sessions. Participates in client evaluations and case conferences.
6. Complies with all agency policies regarding obtaining prior approval and ongoing approval from third party insurers prior to delivering treatment services.
7. Counsels clients individually and/or in family and in group sessions to assist client in to achieve treatment goals under the direction of the Clinical Supervisor.
8. Refers client to other support services as needed such as medical evaluation and treatment, social services, and employment services.
9. Monitors condition of client to evaluate success of therapy, and adapts treatment as needed.
10. Prepares and maintains reports and case histories in accordance with agency guidelines for format, timeliness, and quality assurance.
11. All other related duties as assigned.
A minimum of one year related experience and/or training in the area of addiction treatment. Associates Degree in Human Services or related field preferred. Knowledge of relevant community resources for continuing care required. Valid MA driver's license preferred, but not required.
Must be able to complete on-site CPR training/certification.
Must demonstrate ability to relate to a substance abuse treatment population in a sensitive manner, an interest and willingness to work in a multicultural setting and must share a customer service orientation. Manages difficult or emotional client situations; Responds promptly to client needs. Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality.
The Lahey Model of Care—right care, right time, right place—is exactly what patients, providers and payers need and deserve. Identifying and delivering on this convergence of interests has positioned Lahey Health for further growth. Our model ensures care is highly coordinated and locally delivered, with lower costs and exceptional quality.
Lahey Health is a robust, regional system including a teaching hospital, community hospitals, primary care providers, specialists, behavioral and home health services, skilled nursing and rehabilitation facilities, and senior care resources throughout northeastern Massachusetts and southern New Hampshire. The system has a global presence with programs in Canada, Jordan and Bermuda.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.