This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Lynn, MA
Job ID: 153991-1A
Date Posted: Apr 19, 2019
Lahey Health is a vibrant and growing health care system, recognized as a trailblazer in medicine and a standard bearer in patient experience. It includes an award-winning academic medical center, a superb constellation of community hospitals, home care services, rehabilitation facilities and more.
We are committed to attracting, developing and retaining top talent in a market long recognized and revered as a global leader in health. With a team approach to care, we encourage learning and growth at all levels, and we offer competitive salaries and benefits. We adhere to the principles of a just and fair work environment for all colleagues, where respect is foundational and performance is rewarded.
About the Job
Assumes interdisciplinary responsibility for the development, implementation and evaluation of the strategic plan for an outcome based documentation system. Responsible for the facilitation of clinical teams and coordination of the teams in development of future projects and evaluation of current projects. Responsible for PI audits and PI projects that involve outcome studies. Assumes responsibility for the development, implementation and evaluation of the orientation process of all new employees. Is responsible for maintaining educational records and facilitating yearly/biyearly competencies, in-service trainings, and educational programs for all staff. Coordinates continuing education committee.
Essential Functions/Key Responsibilities:
1. Support the administrative and clinical staff in such a manner that there is a strong and positive commitment to quality patient care.
2. Direct and support the implementation of interdisciplinary outcome-based documentation system and variance analysis via case consultation and presentations.
2. Collaborate with other clinical leaders around systems issues and educational needs that arise, coordinate and implement plans and maintain the currency of hospital policies and procedures.
3. Develop and maintain a system to track and monitor key indicator analysis and report findings to the PI committee on a regular basis.
4. Network with outside agencies/support groups involved with implementation of current practices in developing clinical managed care strategies and educational programs.
5. Maintain educational records on all staff and facilitates educational requirements for all contract staff.
6. Maintain yearly/biyearly competencies of CPR, Risk Management and/or Aggression Management as required.
7. Utilize supervision in to enhance improvement and development.
8. Maintain solid understanding of hospital policies and protocols, practices within those policies and protocols, and enforces such when appropriate.
9. Maintain understanding of and follow regulatory agencies’ expectations and guidelines (i.e. DMH, DPH, JCAHO, payors, etc.).
10. Lead multidisciplinary meetings to assist in the development and evaluation of the projects/system issues.
11. Facilitate/organize monthly orientation, competency renewals, in-service and educational trainings.
12. Attend all administrative meetings that support the mission of the hospital division.
13. Support and implement administrative decisions. Ability to effectively utilize and synthesize data and analyze for statistical purposes
14. Complete other projects to facilitate the coordination of patient care services as assigned.
32 hours per week, day shift
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include distance vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.