This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Lynn, MA
Job ID: 153830-1A
Date Posted: Nov 15, 2019
Lahey Health is a vibrant and growing health care system, recognized as a trailblazer in medicine and a standard bearer in patient experience. It includes an award-winning academic medical center, a superb constellation of community hospitals, home care services, rehabilitation facilities and more.
We are committed to attracting, developing and retaining top talent in a market long recognized and revered as a global leader in health. With a team approach to care, we encourage learning and growth at all levels, and we offer competitive salaries and benefits. We adhere to the principles of a just and fair work environment for all colleagues, where respect is foundational and performance is rewarded.
About the Job
Incumbent is responsible for completing registration of patients in a behavioral health setting, verifying insurance eligibility, entering insurance authorizations, signing patients in to the hospital, triage of incoming phone calls to the admissions area and providing administrative and clerical support services to management and clinical staff.
Essential Functions/Key Responsibilities:
1. Obtaining demographic and insurance information in order to complete patient registration in EPIC.
2. Orienting patients to the inpatient hospital setting and explaining admission process.
3. Complete the admissions process, obtaining patient consent to treatment, explaining legal status and review patient rights.
4. Verifying insurance coverage and documenting insurance verification and authorizations.
5. Assist in maintaining safety in patient area by responding to patient needs and inquiries, keeping patients informed of admission progress and escorting patients to the unit.
6. Provide referral information to patients that do not meet criteria for admission.
7. Offer information, referral & crisis intervention service to persons telephoning or visiting the site.
8. Other duties as assigned.
20 hours per week, day shift
Must possess mobility to work in a standard office setting and to use standard office equipment, including a computer and telephone, and to attend meetings at various sites; strength to lift and carry materials weighing up to 10 pounds; must be able to lift up to 50 lbs occasionally, vision to read printed materials and a computer screen; and hearing and speech to communicate in person and over the telephone.