Lahey Health Shared Services is part of a vibrant and growing health care system, recognized as a trailblazer in medicine and a standard bearer in patient experience. It includes an award-winning academic medical center, a superb constellation of community hospitals, home care services, rehabilitation facilities and more.
We are committed to attracting, developing and retaining top talent in a market long recognized and revered as a global leader in health. With a team approach to care, we encourage learning and growth at all levels, and we offer competitive salaries and benefits. We adhere to the principles of a just and fair work environment for all colleagues, where respect is foundational and performance is rewarded.
About the Job
Under the direction of the Manager of Desktop Support Services, and within established hospital, clinic and department policies and procedures provides the highest quality of technical support to users of mobile devices for all Lahey sites and enforces policies and procedures related to those activities
Essential Duties & Responsibilities including but not limited to:
- Responds to all mobile service requests and problem incidents within established timeframes. Analyzes and resolves user problems and concerns associated with telecommunications mobile hardware and/or software, conferring with other Information Technology teams and/or management on difficult or complex problems that cannot be resolved within established service levels.
- Determines cost effective mobile telephone service offerings for all Lahey Clinic internal and external users.
- Configures, installs, and modifies mobile devices, coordinating with other technical support teams to ensure user satisfaction and device operability. The scope of work can be a single device or a large-scale project involving a large number of devices
- Responsible for inventory for all mobile installations, including all reporting.
- Provides training and support on mobile device functionality for Clinic support staff, medical staff and executive management staff internally and externally.
- Monitors vendor response performance to ensure that the user support is at its optimal level.
- Coordinates installation of new mobile infrastructure with the mobile vendors based on operational needs.
- Consults with and advises user departments on their mobile needs and provides ongoing follow-up to ensure that the mobile devices meet their ongoing operational business needs.
- Develop, recommend and implement operational techniques and methodologies which assure full use of mobile systems and devices
- Responsible for recognizing and identifying potential areas where existing policies and procedures require change, or where new ones need to be developed, especially, regarding future business expansion.
- Monitors, reports, and provides data on new mobile technological trends for future business expansion.
- Maintains mobile telephone directory for all Lahey colleagues.
- Upholds corporate policy guidelines and recommends new and improved guidelines to ensure compatibility and to improve service to user community.
- Maintains a positive working relationship with all Clinic departments to optimize working relationships and communications.
- Carries a pager and participates in off-hour on-call schedule. May be asked to work evenings, weekends, and holidays to provide technical support to the institution.
- Works independently reporting to the Manager of Telecommunications on a weekly basis.
- Incorporates Lahey Clinic Guiding Principles , Mission Statement and Goals into daily activities.
- Complies with all Lahey Clinic Policies.
- Complies with behavioral expectations of the department and Lahey Clinic.
- Maintains courteous and effective interactions with colleagues and patients.
- Demonstrates an understanding of the job description, performance expectations, and competency assessment.
- Demonstrates a commitment toward meeting and exceeding the needs of our customers and consistently adheres to Customer Service standards.
- Participates in departmental and/or interdepartmental quality improvement activities.
- Participates in and successfully completes Mandatory Education.
- Performs all other duties as needed or directed to meet the needs of the department.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Business Administration or Telecommunications or equivalent.
- Mobile Telecommunications experience required.
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities:
- Proven knowledge of all components of mobile technology and related applications/integration.
- Proven support and troubleshooting skills.
- Proven customer service, interpersonal and verbal and written communication skills.
- Proven ability to balance multiple assignments on a daily basis.
- Proven project and time management skills.
- Proven ability to maintain professional demeanor under stress.
- Proven ability to apply quality control techniques and processes to daily activities.
- A minimum of three years’ experience providing user support in mobile technology environment.
The Lahey Model of Care—right care, right time, right place—is exactly what patients, providers and payers need and deserve. Identifying and delivering on this convergence of interests has positioned Lahey Health for further growth. Our model ensures care is highly coordinated and locally delivered, with lower costs and exceptional quality.
Lahey Health is a robust, regional system including a teaching hospital, community hospitals, primary care providers, specialists, behavioral and home health services, skilled nursing and rehabilitation facilities, and senior care resources throughout northeastern Massachusetts and southern New Hampshire. The system has a global presence with programs in Canada, Jordan and Bermuda.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.