Winchester Hospital is a leading community hospital north of Boston. The hospital offers a full range of medical services including maternity care and a Level IIB Special Care Nursery. Since 1912, Winchester Hospital has been a trusted pillar of the community and is recognized for outstanding quality and high satisfaction scores. In 2003, we became the first community hospital in Massachusetts to achieve Magnet status - the industry’s gold standard for nursing excellence. We were re-accredited for the 4th time in 2018. Our mission To Care. To Heal. To Excel. In Service to Our Community is achieved through streamlined, coordinated and comprehensive high-quality, compassionate care close to home.
About the Job
Feel free to drop in to the office from 9am to 4pm to interview onsite with a Recruiter
As part of Guest Services/Environmental Services team, this position:
- Cleans all areas of the hospital, which includes but is not limited to patient rooms, medication and storage areas, hallways and staff areas, waiting areas, utility rooms and restrooms.
- Introduces oneself when appropriate with customer groups. Represents the hospital professionally by wearing a visible name tag and neat uniform. Is respectful of the patient’s privacy and personal items.
- Initiates the seven step cleaning process when cleaning a patient room, which includes trash/recycling, high dusting, damp wiping, cleaning restrooms, dust mopping, damp mopping, bed making and final room inspection
- Completes more thorough cleaning of hard surfaces including burnishing and buffing, stripping and waxing floors, scrubbing and recoating floors
- Completes more thorough cleaning of carpet and upholstering including carpet cleaning and extraction.
- Set up and break down of conference room and other events, including set up of audio visual needs.
- Communicates with the Service Response Center on a regular basis to accept and close out tasks
- Remove curtains, launder and rehang as needed
- Operate and empty cardboard baler
- Completes more detailed dusting and vent cleaning
- Addresses pest control needs, when applicable
- Strips rooms of hazards for patient watches
- Monitors and replaces regulated medical waste (red bags / sharps) in patient areas using infectious control procedures.
- Assists in emergency situations throughout hospital following department specific requirements
- Maintains a clutter-free environment
- Cleans elevators and tracks
- Restocks paper products, trash bags and soap supplies throughout patient and public areas
- Moves and empties shredding bins/bags
- Cleans and disinfects portable medical equipment and carts.
- Attends staff meetings and huddles, offering suggestions and contributing to the collaborative team approach.
- Experience in a position that demonstrated strong customer service skills.
- For safety and quality reasons, must be able to effectively communicate effectively in English with patients, visitors, and fellow members of the hospital team.
- High school diploma or G.E.D.
- Experience operating cleaning equipment, preferred.
Per diem as needed by department
The Lahey Model of Care—right care, right time, right place—is exactly what patients, providers and payers need and deserve. Identifying and delivering on this convergence of interests has positioned Lahey Health for further growth. Our model ensures care is highly coordinated and locally delivered, with lower costs and exceptional quality.
Lahey Health is a robust, regional system including a teaching hospital, community hospitals, primary care providers, specialists, behavioral and home health services, skilled nursing and rehabilitation facilities, and senior care resources throughout northeastern Massachusetts and southern New Hampshire. The system has a global presence with programs in Canada, Jordan and Bermuda.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.