Lahey Health Shared Services is part of a vibrant and growing health care system, recognized as a trailblazer in medicine and a standard bearer in patient experience. It includes an award-winning academic medical center, a superb constellation of community hospitals, home care services, rehabilitation facilities and more.
We are committed to attracting, developing and retaining top talent in a market long recognized and revered as a global leader in health. With a team approach to care, we encourage learning and growth at all levels, and we offer competitive salaries and benefits. We adhere to the principles of a just and fair work environment for all colleagues, where respect is foundational and performance is rewarded.
About the Job
The Programmer/Developer (P/D) will be responsible for web development and infrastructure support needs of CERI and will be the primary technology resource for the development of tools and software designed and built to support Comparative Effective Research. The P/D will be responsible for system infrastructure, software application development including design, coding and testing, in collaboration with the CERI team, subcontractors and other collaboration personnel. The P/D will continue development, testing, fixes, user support, and user site implementation/installation of the Data Evaluation and Longitudinal Trend Analysis (DELTA) system which will be leveraged by CERI and Lahey for performing active safety surveillance. Utilization of a proven track record of skills to facilitate requirements including functional review, writing technical specifications, software development, testing, and assistance with business systems implementation will be essential. This role will be responsible for all local hardware and software requirements of the CERI infrastructure and analytics team. The P/D will work under the direction of the CERI Co-Directors, and in cooperation with CERI project manager and team members to effectively fulfill the position responsibilities. It is important to note that this position will require flexible and, occasionally, extended work hours during some project tasks and phases.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities including but not limited to:
The P/D will be responsible for projects as prioritized by the leadership of CERI, including three primary projects requiring immediate progress or implementation:
- Support the continued development of the DELTA active safety surveillance system to meet project requirements. (JAVA script, ReactJS, MSSQL, MySQL)
- Enhance study configuration and graphical/tabular display tools
- Provide additional functionality for Learning Curve, Practice Variation and other assigned methodological elements.
- Support and maintain the CERI fully integrated server and application network for analytic research with internal and external partners:
- Work in collaboration with the CERI colleagues to host and support the Lahey Enterprise Ddata Warehouse (EDW) OMOP-CDM5 transformational data library, including security, under the direction of Lahey IT.
- Assist with technical specifications, data conversion, and/or mapping criteria as determined by assigned projects.
- May include cross-team coordination with other Lahey departments and future external collaborators to enhance the network to support data for CERI tools available through MyCERI portal including DELTA analyses and data extraction.
- Provides user support during the implementation of new and updated applications and systems, internal or external to Lahey.
- Primary system will be DELTA, however as CERI grows, additional tools have been and will be developed.
- Includes infrastructure, backup, and user documentation and training creation and assistance.
- Assist in design, develop, code, and test web based applications utilizing portal framework and servlets.
- Maintains strict adherence to the Lahey Clinic Confidentiality policy.
- Incorporates Lahey Clinic Guiding Principles,,,, Mission Statement and Goals into daily activities.
- Complies with all Lahey Clinic Policies.
- Complies with behavioral expectations of the department and Lahey Clinic.
- Maintains courteous and effective interactions with colleagues and patients.
- Demonstrates an understanding of the job description, performance expectations, and competency assessment.
- Demonstrates a commitment toward meeting and exceeding the needs of our customers and consistently adheres to Customer service standards.
- Participates in departmental and/or interdepartmental quality improvement activities.
- Flexible with the ability to work well in a team environment
- Meet deadlines with the ability to adapt to constant changes in priorities.
- Develops, tests, supports and implements client and web open-source software as per project specifications and participates in design with CERI project teams.
- Writes application technical specifications including API documentation, software development and testing plans, and User Documentation for all systems.
- Performs Enterprise systems analysis, systems design, software application development and testing for new projects assigned
- Develops and /or maintains technology framework for CERI tools and resources and applies programming and coding skills to extend the system to support expanded comparative effectiveness research.
- Validates database integration functionality to support site-specific workflow and analyses.
- Validates in-scope IT interfaces as related to software support and integrity.
- Participates in technology testing activities per project requirements.
- Acts as point of contact for DELTA open-source installations including application change requests.
- Provides go-live and post go-live support via phone, email, on-site, others as applicable and as directed.
- Provides site technological resource, identification and allocation for implementation activities and ongoing support.
- Acts as primary point of communication and messaging of implementation and post implementation activities.
- Assists in coordination of end user access and security rights within site-specific rules for relevant applications.
- Coordinates implementation of site-specific policies and procedures to support utilization and adoption of supporting practice and process.
- Provides analysis of end user needs to ensure that the databases and applications are performing to expectations and supporting adoption.
- Involves appropriate individuals to participate on multi-disciplinary project teams.
- Schedules system upgrades as needed.
- Provides training for new hires within the department and support for external training as required.
- Works with leadership to develop and manage operational and capital budgets. Accurately estimates duration, costs, personnel time and measurable outcomes associated with projects.
- Communicates/ presents regularly to appropriate committees/ councils regarding progress/ outcomes of technology projects.
- Works with departments to effectively communicate and educate staff to implement projects, maintain knowledge and consistently maximize patient care technology.
- Master’s Degree in Computer Science, System Automation, or equivalent
- MUST have minimum 3 years proven coding and programming skills for open-source application development with more than 2 years technology support of infrastructure. Must have progressive programming, system design and system analysis within majority of skills listed below. Must be able to code accurately and effectively in a timely manner and meet project deadlines. Strong verbal and written communication skills, flexibility and the ability to work well in a team environment are essential.
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities:
- Proven ability to meet tight deadlines and able to quickly change priorities in an extremely dynamic environment.
- Proven professional web development experience.
- Experience with distributed application development
- Experience with scanning and file archiving.
- Experience assisting with the design and implementation
The Lahey Model of Care—right care, right time, right place—is exactly what patients, providers and payers need and deserve. Identifying and delivering on this convergence of interests has positioned Lahey Health for further growth. Our model ensures care is highly coordinated and locally delivered, with lower costs and exceptional quality.
Lahey Health is a robust, regional system including a teaching hospital, community hospitals, primary care providers, specialists, behavioral and home health services, skilled nursing and rehabilitation facilities, and senior care resources throughout northeastern Massachusetts and southern New Hampshire. The system has a global presence with programs in Canada, Jordan and Bermuda.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.