This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Hamilton, MA
Job ID: 152868-1A
Date Posted: Jul 1, 2019
About the Job
Under the supervision of the Site Manager, performs patient triage and has patient care responsibilities in support of
multiple health care providers. Performs clinical, technical and clerical duties to ensure quality patient care is provided.
The Medical Office RN works in collaboration with the physician(s), other healthcare provider(s) and other clinical
support staff within the department and with other disciplines to plan and coordinate the delivery of patient care. The
Medical Office RN demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide expected standards of care based on
physical, psychosocial, cultural, educational, spiritual, safety and age-appropriate considerations of patients.
Responsibilities include health maintenance, teaching, counseling, collaborative planning and restoration of optimal
functioning and comfort or for the dignified death of those they serve.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities including but not limited to:
1. Telephone triage and assessment
2. Renders patient care within the scope of their training, including administering immunizations and allergy
injections, performs blood draws, and obtains height, weight and blood pressure on all patients and documents
appropriately in patient’s chart.
3. Assists physicians with minor procedures.
4. Prepares exam rooms and restocks supplies.
5. Enters required information for prescription refills properly through electronic medical record.
6. The Medical Office RN is expected to and is accountable for providing safe patient care by demonstrating
organizational skills that maintain and coordinate safe delivery of quality care for assigned patients/families.
7. Performing systematic patient and family assessment relevant to practice settings and record the related health
8. Analyze and interpret recorded data. Make informed judgments as to the specific problems and elements of
nursing care mandated by a particular situation.
9. Delivering care that is specific to the age of the patient
10. Utilizing listening skills and clinical judgment in decision making to telephonically assess the severity of patient
caller signs and symptoms.
11. Evaluating effectiveness of care and adapts plan based on patient/family response
12. Providing patient care by 1. providing necessary physical care to appropriate patient populations which include
ADL’s, positioning, transporting, and treatments 2. Utilizing and transporting equipment 3. Monitoring and
recognizing acute changes in the patient and intervenes appropriately and 4. Administering medications
including blood and blood products
13. Establishes professional relationship with nurses, physicians and other colleagues and patients and families.
14. Educates the patient and family about the patient’s illness and treatment including preventative measures
appropriate to the patient.
15. Supports Lahey Healths commitment to community based activities both within the Lahey community and
16. Collaborates, cooperates and communicates with other healthcare providers to ensure quality and continuity of
17. Demonstrates skills as a responsive team member.
18. Demonstrates role of nurse as teacher.
19. Demonstrates ability to fulfill role in regulatory compliance and readiness.
20. Serve as patient advocate, within the limits of the law.
21. Upholds standards of quality nursing care
22. Demonstrates a commitment to lifelong learning.
23. Demonstrates evidenced based practice (EBP) in nursing.
1. Maintain strict adherence to the Lahey Health Confidentiality policy.
2. Incorporate Lahey Health Standards of Behavior and CREATE Values.
3. Comply with all Lahey Health Policies.
4. Comply with behavioral expectations of the department and Lahey Health.
5. Maintain courteous and effective interactions with colleagues and patients.
6. Demonstrate an understanding of the job description, performance expectations, and competency assessment.
7. Demonstrate competency in working with the Electronic Medical record system
8. Demonstrate a commitment toward meeting and exceeding the needs of our customers and consistently
adheres to Customer Service standards.
9. Participate in departmental and/or interdepartmental quality improvement activities.
10. Participate in and successfully completes Mandatory Education.
11. Perform all other duties as needed or directed to meet the needs of the department.
Education: Nursing degree required.
Licensure, Certification & Registration:
Current RN license to practice in state of Massachusetts. Must
maintain BLS certification.
Medical Office experience is preferred.
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities:
Excellent communications skills to effectively educate and assist patients as
well as interacting with providers and staff. Ablility to make sound decisions
under pressure. Ablility to handle confidentiality information. Must have the
organizational skills and the ability to follow through on tasks.
DAYS/ FULL TIME/ HAMILTON
The Lahey Model of Care—right care, right time, right place—is exactly what patients, providers and payers need and deserve. Identifying and delivering on this convergence of interests has positioned Lahey Health for further growth. Our model ensures care is highly coordinated and locally delivered, with lower costs and exceptional quality.
Lahey Health is a robust, regional system including a teaching hospital, community hospitals, primary care providers, specialists, behavioral and home health services, skilled nursing and rehabilitation facilities, and senior care resources throughout northeastern Massachusetts and southern New Hampshire. The system has a global presence with programs in Canada, Jordan and Bermuda.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.