Location: Lawrence, MA
Job ID: 153376-1A
Date Posted: Feb 21, 2019
Lahey Health Behavioral Services is part of a vibrant and growing health care system, recognized as a trailblazer in medicine and a standard bearer in patient experience. It includes an award-winning academic medical center, a superb constellation of community hospitals, home care services, rehabilitation facilities and more.
We are committed to attracting, developing and retaining top talent in a market long recognized and revered as a global leader in health. With a team approach to care, we encourage learning and growth at all levels, and we offer competitive salaries and benefits. We adhere to the principles of a just and fair work environment for all colleagues, where respect is foundational and performance is rewarded.
About the Job
The Central Scheduler is responsible for ensuring accessibility to services, managing clinician schedules to maximize availability, assist clinicians with maintaining productivity standards, and enhance patient care. This position is designed to support management with statistical information required to ensure fiscal viability in addition to exposing program challenges.
Full time, 40 hours.
The Lahey Model of Care—right care, right time, right place—is exactly what patients, providers and payers need and deserve. Identifying and delivering on this convergence of interests has positioned Lahey Health for further growth. Our model ensures care is highly coordinated and locally delivered, with lower costs and exceptional quality.
Lahey Health is a robust, regional system including a teaching hospital, community hospitals, primary care providers, specialists, behavioral and home health services, skilled nursing and rehabilitation facilities, and senior care resources throughout northeastern Massachusetts and southern New Hampshire. The system has a global presence with programs in Canada, Jordan and Bermuda.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.
1. Maintains scheduling of clinician appointments, meetings and time off.
2. Continually looks for ways to effectively use time and resources to deliver quality outcomes.
3. Oversees waitlist for next available appointment.
4. Responsible for cancellation of clinician appointments due to illness.
5. Generates clinician schedule reports daily.
6. Monthly review of clinician schedules for inefficiencies.
7. Supports supervisors / managers with various reports to support clinical staff and /or program.
8. Other related duties as assigned.