Location: Burlington, MA
Job ID: 152334-1A
Date Posted: Feb 7, 2019
About the Job
Position Summary: Under the supervision of the Director of Registration and Scheduling, supervises and coordinates the daily operations of the Registration and Scheduling department's Call Center. Coordinates staffing to insure timely customer service access to appointments. Resolves employee issues in accordance with clinic and departmental guidelines. Serves as a role model by integrating quality customer service, leadership skills and communication skills.
Key Relationships: Indicate the most frequent and/or critical interfaces for which this position supports, including its immediate supervisor.
Patients - Provide exceptional customer service to patients in a timely and professional manner
Clinic Personnel - Respond to issues pertinent to the coordination of patients being registered and scheduled.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Leadership - Effectively organizes the staffing in the call center to insure timely customer access to appointments. Effectively participates in the development, implementation and communication of departmental and Clinic-wide goals, policies and procedures. Schedules staff to maintain adequate coverage and assists with evaluations and disciplinary issues .
2. Specific Tasks - Coordinates sufficient staffing levels in the appointment office call center for all hours of operations. Works with department managers to maximize staffing levels throughout the entire department. Available by pager. Works a minimum of one late night per week for direct supervision of 2nd shift staff. Monitors call no less than 10 per week and provides timely coaching and feedback to coordinators regarding their productivity. Strives to the department goal of 4% monthly lost call rate. Resolves coordinator issues in accordance with departmental policies. Escalates coordinator issues, if appropriate to the Director. Reviews and completes weekly employee time cards Reviews time-off request in accordance with established departmental polices. Assists with the creation, implementation, and monitoring of employee incentive program. Ensures the highest level of customer service standards for not only themselves, but also for the staff of call center. Conducts yearly performance evaluations. Makes recommendations on Merit increases. Organizes and maintain communication book, reference materials and other education materials. Recommends system changes and enhancements as required. With the Director, analyzes operational needs and assists in the development and strategy of the Registration and Scheduling department. Assists in the preparation and operation of regular staff meetings to educate staff and exchanges ideas and information. Actively participates in meetings as necessary.
3. Communication of Information - Maintains strict standards of patient confidentiality. Coordinates and communicates information through various processes, which include, but are not limited to the following: computers, telephone/paging, verbal and written.
4. Interaction with Customers - Consistently maintains a courteous, helpful, and professional manner with all interactions with customers.
5. Staff Development-Serves as a role model for customer service. Encourages all staff members to respond to change in the work place as necessary, continually using time to departmental advantage; ability to motivate colleagues; assists staff members who exhibit insufficient knowledge or inability to complete assigned tasks.
6. Departmental Policies -Informs patients/staff of pertinent policies as necessary i.e., HIPPA, Medicare Rights, etc. Educates staff of policies and procedures. Assists with input into new policies and procedures as necessary.
7. Team Work - Assists co-workers when short-staffed, cross-trains in all the Registration and Scheduling areas, and perform a variety of other duties as assigned by the Director of Registration & Scheduling.
8. Judgment Consistently combines ethical judgment and technical skills within the policy and legal guidelines of the institution; ability to comprehend all facets of a problem and assign proper values to each consideration in arriving at a decision.
9. Adaptability Ability to adapt to changes made in the department and Clinic with enthusiasm to each new situation; displays high energy level when pursuing goals and objectives; adeptness at grasping the big picture.
10. Communication Skills Ability to maintain appropriate interdepartmental, intradepartmental and interpersonal communications to understand needs and expectations of customers and to share this information seeks feedback from colleagues and subordinates; communicates effectively and efficiently both written and verbally.
The Lahey Model of Care—right care, right time, right place—is exactly what patients, providers and payers need and deserve. Identifying and delivering on this convergence of interests has positioned Lahey Health for further growth. Our model ensures care is highly coordinated and locally delivered, with lower costs and exceptional quality.
Lahey Health is a robust, regional system including a teaching hospital, community hospitals, primary care providers, specialists, behavioral and home health services, skilled nursing and rehabilitation facilities, and senior care resources throughout northeastern Massachusetts and southern New Hampshire. The system has a global presence with programs in Canada, Jordan and Bermuda.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.