Primary Care is part of a vibrant and growing health care system, recognized as a trailblazer in medicine and a standard bearer in patient experience. It includes an award-winning academic medical center, a superb constellation of community hospitals, home care services, rehabilitation facilities and more.
We are committed to attracting, developing and retaining top talent in a market long recognized and revered as a global leader in health. With a team approach to care, we encourage learning and growth at all levels, and we offer competitive salaries and benefits. We adhere to the principles of a just and fair work environment for all colleagues, where respect is foundational and performance is rewarded.
About the Job
Under the supervision of the Site Manager performs patient triage and has patient care responsibilities in support of multiple health care providers. Performs clinical, technical and clerical duties to insure quality patient care is provided. Also responsible for providing direction and leadership to staff resolving problems and overseeing day-to-day operations of clinical and/or clerical areas in conjunction with the Site Manager or in absence of Site Manger.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities including but not limited to:
- Receive patient calls, assess/triage patients' medical concerns or needs, route calls to providers, and/or handle calls within scope of authority.
- Monitor patient flow, escort patients to exam rooms, take and record patient vitals and patient histories.
- Give routine injections and perform backup finger stick and venipuncture phlebotomy and dipstick urinalysis.
- Prepare patients for procedures and assist providers with procedures (i.e. sigmoidoscopies, pelvis examinations, wart removal, dressing changes and surgical procedures.)
- Perform electrocardiograms, holter monitor, spirometries and process and prepare labs and routine testing.
- Control inventory of medical supplies and medications and/or office supplies and equipment. Order medical supplies and medications as needed. Monitor and replenish quantity of samples and expiration dates. Purge outdated samples as necessary. Maintain locked status of drug closet.
- Interact with drug company representatives per established guidelines.
- Take detailed messages for providers, return telephone calls or make follow-up calls to patients with information or providers instructions (i.e. normal test results and test preparations.)
- Review patient medical charts prior to physical exam work-up to assess necessity of lab and x-ray tests to be scheduled.
- Call in prescriptions to pharmacies per written instructions from physician or allied health professional.
- Participates with Site Manager in hiring decision for medical assistants, nursing and phlebotomy staff. Assists with necessary training of new clinical staff.
- Review and/or participate in hiring decision for medical assistants, nursing and phlebotomy staff. Assists with necessary training of new clinical staff.
- Provide training for new clinical nurses, medical/clinical assistants and phlebotomists. Assist with ongoing direction, support and supervision to clinical staff.
- Track time-off usage and coordinate vacation scheduling for the clinical staff as defined by the site guidelines.
- Develop work schedules and monthly staffing rotation, distribute and monitor workload on a day-to-day basis. Keeps manager abreast of any potential staffing issues.
- Conduct or participate in staff meetings to insure consistent and timely flow of communication.
- In the absence of the manager, resolves physician, staff or patient complaints/problems when staff needs assistance.
- 18) Provide back up coverage for other clinical nurses, clinical assistants, medical assistants and phlebotomists as necessary.
- 19) Perform housekeeping, handle hazardous waste and keep exam rooms and code cart fully stocked, sterilize and maintain instruments using autoclave equipment.
- 20) Incorporates Lahey Health Guiding Principles , Mission Statement and Goals into daily activities.
- Complies with all Lahey Health Policies.
- Complies with behavioral expectations of the department and Lahey Clinic.
- Maintains courteous and effective interactions with colleagues and patients.
- Demonstrates an understanding of the job description, performance expectations, and competency assessment.
- Demonstrates a commitment toward meeting and exceeding the needs of our customers and consistently adheres to Customer Service standards.
- Participates in departmental and/or interdepartmental quality improvement activities.
- Participates in and successfully completes Mandatory Education.
- Performs all other duties as needed or directed to meet the needs of the department.
40 HOURS / FULL TIME / DAYS / MANCHESTER By The Sea
The Lahey Model of Care—right care, right time, right place—is exactly what patients, providers and payers need and deserve. Identifying and delivering on this convergence of interests has positioned Lahey Health for further growth. Our model ensures care is highly coordinated and locally delivered, with lower costs and exceptional quality.
Lahey Health is a robust, regional system including a teaching hospital, community hospitals, primary care providers, specialists, behavioral and home health services, skilled nursing and rehabilitation facilities, and senior care resources throughout northeastern Massachusetts and southern New Hampshire. The system has a global presence with programs in Canada, Jordan and Bermuda.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.