Location: Salem, MA
Job ID: 153054-1A
Date Posted: Feb 13, 2019
Lahey Health Behavioral Services is part of a vibrant and growing health care system, recognized as a trailblazer in medicine and a standard bearer in patient experience. It includes an award-winning academic medical center, a superb constellation of community hospitals, home care services, rehabilitation facilities and more.
We are committed to attracting, developing and retaining top talent in a market long recognized and revered as a global leader in health. With a team approach to care, we encourage learning and growth at all levels, and we offer competitive salaries and benefits. We adhere to the principles of a just and fair work environment for all colleagues, where respect is foundational and performance is rewarded.
About the Job
Conduct comprehensive assessments, brief crisis counseling, psycho-education and treatment team functions for individuals in the short term structured crisis stabilization services (CCS) program under the direction of the CCS nurse manager and ESP Director.
40 hours, full time
The Lahey Model of Care—right care, right time, right place—is exactly what patients, providers and payers need and deserve. Identifying and delivering on this convergence of interests has positioned Lahey Health for further growth. Our model ensures care is highly coordinated and locally delivered, with lower costs and exceptional quality.
Lahey Health is a robust, regional system including a teaching hospital, community hospitals, primary care providers, specialists, behavioral and home health services, skilled nursing and rehabilitation facilities, and senior care resources throughout northeastern Massachusetts and southern New Hampshire. The system has a global presence with programs in Canada, Jordan and Bermuda.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.
1. Provides assessment, treatment interventions and brief crisis counseling for individuals in the CCS program with the primary objectives including restoration of functioning, strengthening the resources and capacities of the individuals, family and other natural supports, timely return to a natural setting in the community, development/strengthening of an individualized crisis prevention plan and/or safety plan, as part of the Crisis Planning Tools for youth and linkage to ongoing medically necessary support services.
2. Provide individual and group psycho-education, including information about recovery, wellness, crisis self-management and how to access wellness and recovery services available in the community.
3. Contribute to the group programming model in consultation with the CCS nurse manager and ESP Director and be the lead on conducting group programming to individuals in the CCS program.
3. Support the CCS nurse manager in providing a staff-secure, safe, homelike and structured crisis stabilization and treatment service.
4. Coordinate treatment with existing and/or newly established treatment providers.
5. Conduct active, effective and timely discharge planning for CCS clients.
6. Develop and maintain collaborative working relationships with ESP staff and other providers and referral sources (i.e. insurance companies, PHP’s, O/P etc.)
7. Utilize supervision effectively by sharing pertinent information and accept performance feedback to incorporate into work plan and recalibrate approach and make improvements. Seek and accept guidance to manage difficult cases.
8. Maintain current working knowledge and use of all related, internal and external resources, policies, procedures, regulatory and compliance requirements necessary to effectively serve clients with quality care in multiple settings and with ever changing program needs.
9. Answers telephone as needed and provide timely, appropriate response to all referrals.
10. Attend meetings and other team processes as required. Participate in, or complete special program assignments as assigned.
11. Complete timely and accurate documentation/assessments.
12. Provides assistance to colleagues in order to optimize the delivery of services to the client population.
13. Assists in ensuring the facility is clean and in good repair.
14. Maintains a professional demeanor at all times.