Location: Beverly, MA
Job ID: 152947-1A
Date Posted: Jan 10, 2020
Lahey Health is a vibrant and growing health care system, recognized as a trailblazer in medicine and a standard bearer in patient experience. It includes an award-winning academic medical center, a superb constellation of community hospitals, home care services, rehabilitation facilities and more.
We are committed to attracting, developing and retaining top talent in a market long recognized and revered as a global leader in health. With a team approach to care, we encourage learning and growth at all levels, and we offer competitive salaries and benefits. We adhere to the principles of a just and fair work environment for all colleagues, where respect is foundational and performance is rewarded.
About the Job
1. Is expected to support the hospital in such a manner that there is a strong and positive commitment to quality patient care.
2. Must have a positive demeanor that allows for respectful and courteous interaction with all external and internal customers.
3. Should be flexible in work assignments and schedule.
4. Consistently demonstrates the ability to adapt to changes in the workplace.
5. Responsible for developing and participating in clinical unit meetings that will have a positive impact on patient care.
6. Has the leadership skill and style to facilitate multidisciplinary treatment team meetings with the main objective being the successful treatment and management of patient care. Able to demonstrate leadership in regards to case formulation and treatment planning.
7. Expected to attend all administrative meetings that support the mission of the medical division.
8. Review all assigned patient care incidents and restraint and seclusion incidents for appropriateness.
9. Responsible for participating in all meetings so that quality patient care and staff education is a department focus.
10. Works within and supports administrative guidelines; any disagreements in this regard are handled constructively.
11. Utilizes supervision in a positive and thoughtful manner so that professional improvement and development is enhanced
12. Is expected to be a role model for other hospital staff.
13. Has a clear understanding of hospital policies and protocols, practices within those policies and protocols, and enforces such when appropriate.
14. Is expected to participate in any ongoing quality improvement studies that will have positive patient care outcomes.
15. Has understanding of regulatory agencies’ expectations and guidelines (i.e. DMH, DPH, JCAHO, payors, etc.).Is expected to follow such guidelines
16. Regularly shares information and clinical impressions of patients with treatment team in order to facilitate understanding and enhance problem-solving within the treatment team.
17. Consistently documents patient care, treatment planning, discharge summaries in a timely fashion.
18. Is expected to work with Utilization Review Nurse regarding approval of benefits and length of stay issues.
19. Ability to identify areas of medical legal risk and maintains patient’s rights.
20. Is expected to identify clinical or management issues and communicate problem situations to supervising physician.
21. Maintains yearly/biyearly requirements of CPR, Risk Management and Aggression Management.
22. Willing to perform other duties not documented in the job description.
Full-Time, 40 hours per week.
1. Educational and Professional:
a. Graduate from an accredited school of medicine
b. Current professional registration in Massachusetts.
c. Board certification (or eligibility) in psychiatry and/or substance abuse treatment.
d. Theoretical as well as practical knowledge of the clinical area.
e. Previous leadership experience or demonstrated leadership skills
f. Represents the organization positively
2. Knowledge and Abilities:
a. Ability to work cooperatively and effectively with others
b. Maintains currency in profession
c. Demonstrates willingness to learn as well as teach
d. Ability to use intuitive and sound judgment
e. Demonstrates interpersonal relations skills
f. Demonstrates leadership qualities with adaptive skills
g. Demonstrates management skills and the ability to effectively supervise employees.
h. Ability to use sound administrative practices
i. Knowledge of department standards, policies and practices
j. Innovative and creative
k. Must be fluent in English (verbal and written)
l. Exhibits ability to be competent in the following areas:
m. Attends programs in risk management, aggression management, and CPR as required on a yearly or biyearly basis.
3. Comprehensive psychiatric evaluation including biopsychosocial formulation
4. Management of daily patient care, including:
a. somatic treatments
b. psychosocial treatments
c. monitoring medical status including lab results
d. drug and alcohol withdrawal
5. De-escalation/Restraint Management