Location: Burlington, MA
Job ID: 152805-1A
Date Posted: Mar 1, 2019
Lahey Hospital & Medical Center is part of a vibrant and growing health care system, recognized as a trailblazer in medicine and a standard bearer in patient experience. It includes an award-winning academic medical center, a superb constellation of community hospitals, home care services, rehabilitation facilities and more.
We are committed to attracting, developing and retaining top talent in a market long recognized and revered as a global leader in health. With a team approach to care, we encourage learning and growth at all levels, and we offer competitive salaries and benefits. We adhere to the principles of a just and fair work environment for all colleagues, where respect is foundational and performance is rewarded.
About the Job
Lahey believes that the nurse-patient relationship, continuity of care and personal accountability are central to the delivery of individualized high quality patient care. Our exceptional nurses provide extraordinary care to our patients.
As Lahey continues to grow, we are seeking experienced and qualified nurses for our Surgical Intensive Care Unit (SICU) / Cardiothoracic Post-Anesthesia Care Unit (CT PACU). The SICU is a 24-bed acute intensive care area specializing in the care of patients following major trauma, postoperative multi-system failure and liver or kidney transplants. The experienced and highly skilled nurses in the SICU also provide care to patients following surgery in the CT PACU. The patient-to-nurse ratio is 1:1 or 2:1 throughout all shifts. Using the latest technologies, nursing staff provide care to patients requiring ventilatory support, hemodynamic monitoring, ICP monitoring, CRRT, IABP and BIVADS, in addition to providing support and comfort to the families of these patients.
Lahey Hospital & Medical Center utilizes EPIC for computerized charting and medication administration. Computerized self-scheduling is available along with every third weekend rotation.
NGT, 36 hours with every other weekend and rotating holidays
- Nursing Diploma or ASN, BSN preferred
- At least 1 year of previous of Nursing experience in acute care or sub-acute setting required
- Critical Care and Telemetry experience preferred
- Current Massachusetts registered Nurse license required.
- Current American Heart Association Healthcare Provider BLS certification required
- ACLS certification preferred
- Demonstrate critical thinking, service excellence and good interpersonal communication skills, ability to read/comprehend written instructions, ability to follow verbal instructions, PC skills
- Lifting 75 lbs. maximum with frequent lifting and/or carrying of objects weighing up to 25 lbs