Location: Burlington, MA
Job ID: 152664-1A
Date Posted: Jan 16, 2019
Lahey Hospital & Medical Center is part of a vibrant and growing health care system, recognized as a trailblazer in medicine and a standard bearer in patient experience. It includes an award-winning academic medical center, a superb constellation of community hospitals, home care services, rehabilitation facilities and more.
We are committed to attracting, developing and retaining top talent in a market long recognized and revered as a global leader in health. With a team approach to care, we encourage learning and growth at all levels, and we offer competitive salaries and benefits. We adhere to the principles of a just and fair work environment for all colleagues, where respect is foundational and performance is rewarded.
About the Job
Position Summary: under the general supervision of the Nurse Manager/Assistant Nurse Manager/Tertiary Team Leader, the Staff Registered Nurse: Tertiary Care practices within the Lahey Clinic Professional Practice Model, MA Nurse Practice Act, ANA Standards of Practice and Code of Ethics and demonstrates Lahey Clinic’s core values that reflect its Mission. The nurse-patient/family relationship, continuity of care and accountability are central to the delivery of individualized high quality patient care.
A Staff Registered Nurse: Tertiary Care demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide expected standards of care based on physical, psychosocial, cultural, educational, spiritual, safety and age-appropriate considerations of patients.
- Nursing Diploma or ASN, BSN preferred
- At least 1 year of previous of Nursing experience in acute care or sub-acute setting required
- Critical Care and Telemetry experience preferred
- Current Massachusetts registered Nurse license required.
- Current American Heart Association Healthcare Provider BLS certification required
- ACLS certification preferred
- Demonstrate critical thinking, service excellence and good interpersonal communication skills, ability to read/comprehend written instructions, ability to follow verbal instructions, PC skills
- Lifting 75 lbs. maximum with frequent lifting and/or carrying of objects weighing up to 25 lbs
NGT, 24 hours with every other weekend and rotating holidays