Location: Burlington, MA
Job ID: 152578-1A
Date Posted: Feb 11, 2019
Lahey Hospital & Medical Center is part of a vibrant and growing health care system, recognized as a trailblazer in medicine and a standard bearer in patient experience. It includes an award-winning academic medical center, a superb constellation of community hospitals, home care services, rehabilitation facilities and more.
We are committed to attracting, developing and retaining top talent in a market long recognized and revered as a global leader in health. With a team approach to care, we encourage learning and growth at all levels, and we offer competitive salaries and benefits. We adhere to the principles of a just and fair work environment for all colleagues, where respect is foundational and performance is rewarded.
About the Job
Lahey believes that the nurse-patient relationship, continuity of care and personal accountability are central to the delivery of individualized high quality patient care.Our exceptional nurses deliver extraordinary care to our patients.
As Lahey continues to grow, we are seeking experienced and qualified nurses for our Post Ambulatory Care Department. Our PACU nurses enjoy caring for a diverse patient population from the areas of general surgery, transplant, orthopedic, neurology, cardiac, oncology and urology. The nursing staff enjoys active collaboration with a variety of multidisciplinary services. The PACU nurses thrive in an atmosphere of rapid patient turnover to provide a multidisciplinary approach to patient care.
Lahey Hospital & Medical Center utilizes complete computerized charting (EPIC) for patient assessment and care documentation, and to electronically record medication administration for the delivery of all medications provided to their patients. Computerized self-scheduling is available.
DAYS, 24 hours with every other weekend and rotating holidays
- BSN preferred
- At least 1 year of previous of Nursing experience in acute care or sub-acute setting required
- Critical Care and Telemetry experience preferred
- Current Massachusetts registered Nurse license required.
- Current American Heart Association Healthcare Provider BLS certification (American Heart Association)
- ACLS certification preferred
- Demonstrate critical thinking, service excellence and good interpersonal communication skills, ability to read/comprehend written instructions, ability to follow verbal instructions, PC skills
- Lifting 75 lbs. maximum with frequent lifting and/or carrying of objects weighing up to 25 lbs