Lahey Health Behavioral Services is part of a vibrant and growing health care system, recognized as a trailblazer in medicine and a standard bearer in patient experience. It includes an award-winning academic medical center, a superb constellation of community hospitals, home care services, rehabilitation facilities and more.
We are committed to attracting, developing and retaining top talent in a market long recognized and revered as a global leader in health. With a team approach to care, we encourage learning and growth at all levels, and we offer competitive salaries and benefits. We adhere to the principles of a just and fair work environment for all colleagues, where respect is foundational and performance is rewarded.
About the Job
The Behavioral Health Community Partner (BHCP) program at Lahey Health Behavioral Services is a new, innovative Care Management program for MassHealth members that are part of the new Accountable Care Organization (ACO) and or a Managed Care Organization (MCO). The Data Analyst reports to the Director of the Behavioral Health Community Partner Program and works in collaboration with CP leadership and clinical team to support the population health care management initiatives and programs. The Data Analyst is responsible for understanding the various data sources behind organization’s population and learns how to effectively and accurately use these sources to produce meaningful cost and utilization summaries. This position is responsible for a full range of activities which ensure the analytical effectiveness and excellence of the BHCP team.
40 hours, full time.
The Lahey Model of Care—right care, right time, right place—is exactly what patients, providers and payers need and deserve. Identifying and delivering on this convergence of interests has positioned Lahey Health for further growth. Our model ensures care is highly coordinated and locally delivered, with lower costs and exceptional quality.
Lahey Health is a robust, regional system including a teaching hospital, community hospitals, primary care providers, specialists, behavioral and home health services, skilled nursing and rehabilitation facilities, and senior care resources throughout northeastern Massachusetts and southern New Hampshire. The system has a global presence with programs in Canada, Jordan and Bermuda.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.
- Responsible for the management of all data collection requirements for the program including: Daily enrolment report on the MassHealth POSC and reconciliation with assigned Members in Care Manager, Monthly Refresh list from MassHealth and reconciliation with assigned Members in Care Manager, MCO utilization reports.
- Review, analyze and create summary reports of the claims data provided by MassHealth.
- Analyze cost and utilization trends.
- Assures, by data testing, the quality and accuracy of the BHCP’s claims.
- Gains access and learns the tools used to access population’s data including the Care Manager platform as well as the state reporting dashboard.
- Will be point of contact and responsible for the retrieval, analysis and distribution of data, files and documents from MassHealth via MMIS/POSC.
- On regular basis, from analytical perspective, tests healthcare concepts in BHCP’s data warehouse to assure accuracy and integrity of data. Performs own quality checks on performed analyses and utilizes internal benchmarks to verify the results.
- Understands and utilizes back-end entry to data warehouse, knows SQL and apprehends complexities of data architecture.
- Understand data complexity and requirements to produce analyses for various cross-departmental stakeholders from LHBS that answer questions to the most pressing healthcare needs.
- On regular basis, utilizes different data sources to produce meaningful cost and utilization reports and provide meaningful information to care managers to assist them in providing better care to the patients.
- Produces reports for variety of stakeholders using either the super pivots, running own SQL queries to drill through data or other computer-based applications. Responsible for developing reports for upper-level management, and preparing monthly reporting packages. May be asked to develop enhanced reports for the organization.
- Provides BHCP leadership with routine and timely updates on key clinical quality and utilization indicators
- Compiles data related information via the use of computer-based applications which is then used to understand the current trends and drivers in the BHCP and contribute to the strategy about performance improvement. Translates analytical findings into easy to follow recommendations and summaries.
- Supports the BHCP in providing better care to the patients. Participates in setting definitions and efficient ways to analyze various healthcare concepts and assists in finding data related efficiencies.
- Collaborates with the VP and Director and business associates (e.g.consultants) to define the best approaches to find areas for improvement and trend mitigations.
- Collaborates with external consultants related to the programs actuarial and financial needs.
- Collaborates with others to identify, understand and promote opportunities to analyze data more efficiently and accurately, and improve data integrity.
- Handles the data with confidentiality especially around PHI and sensitive information.
- Performs other duties as assigned to meet the goals of the BHCP, Division of Population health and Emergency Services
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, project management skills, computer skills, and database skills. Must have the ability to follow oral and written directions as they relate to the functions listed above. Ability and desire work with a diverse and multicultural setting. Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions; demonstrates group presentation skills; participates in meetings. Has the capability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions. Strong problem solving abilities and analytical skills to ensure end-user needs are met.
Education: Requires a minimum of a Bachelors’ degree.
Experience: A minimum of 1-3 years of healthcare work experience is necessary either through a prior Health System or a Payer experience. Knowledge of programming language (e.g. SQL) is beneficial but not required. A Master’s degree in a directly related program may be considered in lieu of some of the required work experience. Detail oriented, organized with an ability to prioritize and complete time-sensitive assignments as assigned. Ability to exercise good judgement and to consult with supervisor as needed. In-depth knowledge of Care manager platform or other EHR applications. Proven analytical and problem solving skills Proficient in standard operating system such as Windows, and application software such Microsoft Office, Google Suite, Adobe professional. Good oral and written communication. Creative and flexible Ability to interact with internal and external stakeholders. Ability to work in interactive environment and possess excellent customer service skills