This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Lynn, MA
Job ID: 152776-1A
Date Posted: Aug 28, 2019
About the Job
Assumes responsibility for providing skilled, creative, high quality nursing care to patients by assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating patient care on a 24 hour basis from admission to discharge. Collaborates with other nursing staff and other allied disciplines to ensure that a safe and therapeutic environment is maintained for all patients. Is accountable for directing and supervising the care provided by the Mental Health Counselors. Assumes responsibility for utilizing financial, human and material resources in an efficient manner.
Per diem, hours scheduled as needed
The Lahey Model of Care—right care, right time, right place—is exactly what patients, providers and payers need and deserve. Identifying and delivering on this convergence of interests has positioned Lahey Health for further growth. Our model ensures care is highly coordinated and locally delivered, with lower costs and exceptional quality.
Lahey Health is a robust, regional system including a teaching hospital, community hospitals, primary care providers, specialists, behavioral and home health services, skilled nursing and rehabilitation facilities, and senior care resources throughout northeastern Massachusetts and southern New Hampshire. The system has a global presence with programs in Canada, Jordan and Bermuda.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.
Essential Functions/Key Responsibilities:
1. Is expected to support the hospital in such a manner that there is a strong and positive commitment to quality patient care.
2. Serve as a preceptor for new employees and educate staff, as needed.
3. Utilize supervision in a positive and thoughtful manner to enhance professional improvement and development.
4. Attend clinical meetings that will have a positive impact on patient care.
5. Maintain solid understanding of hospital policies and protocols, practices within those policies and protocols, and enforces such when appropriate.
6. Participate in any ongoing quality improvement studies that will have positive patient care outcomes.
7. Maintain understanding of and follow regulatory agencies’ expectations and guidelines (i.e. DMH, DPH, JCAHO, payors, etc.).
8. Assess, plan and implement care on all observed symptoms, reactions, treatments, and changes in the patient’s status. Report and record any findings to the MD and charge nurse.
9. Perform the role of medical nurse when assigned, assist the consulting internist and Nurse Practitioner with exams and perform treatments, tests and procedures as ordered.
10. Monitor the patient milieu for safety issues and assist with promoting a positive therapeutic environment.
11. Respond to patient care needs and issues, assist patients with personal hygiene and other activities of daily living. Collaborate with and direct other nursing staff to assist with any patient nursing needs.
12. Admit, discharge and transfer patients to and from department/unit ensuring that patient safety is addressed and monitor patient valuables during belongings search.
13. Participate in treatment team meetings and develop plans of care.
14. Administer medications to assigned patients and monitor effectiveness.
15. Maintain yearly/biyearly requirements of CPR and Aggression Management.
16. Perform other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s in nursing preferred from an accredited school of nursing with current professional Registered Nurse (RN) license registration in Massachusetts.
Exhibits ability to be competent in the following areas:
1. Psychotropic medication administration and monitoring
2. Drug and alcohol withdrawal
3. De-escalation/Restraint Management
Demonstrates leadership qualities with adaptive abilities and strong interpersonal relations skills. Possess management skills and the ability to effectively supervise employees. Ability to use sound administrative practices. Work cooperatively and effectively with others and ability to adapt to changes in the workplace.
Must be fluent in English (verbal and written).