Location: Danvers, MA
Job ID: 152568-1A
Date Posted: Jan 8, 2019
Lahey Health Behavioral Services is part of a vibrant and growing health care system, recognized as a trailblazer in medicine and a standard bearer in patient experience. It includes an award-winning academic medical center, a superb constellation of community hospitals, home care services, rehabilitation facilities and more.
We are committed to attracting, developing and retaining top talent in a market long recognized and revered as a global leader in health. With a team approach to care, we encourage learning and growth at all levels, and we offer competitive salaries and benefits. We adhere to the principles of a just and fair work environment for all colleagues, where respect is foundational and performance is rewarded.
About the Job
Danvers Treatment Center is a Detox and transition to the next appropriate level of care program for men and women 18+ with substance abuse dependency diagnosis (under 18 with parent or guardian consent).
The Case Manager has the responsibility for providing case management services to individuals who are detoxing from drug and/or alcohol. This includes assessing service needs; counseling, developing plans for access to services, liaison with client, families, programs, and service providers.
1. Assumes individual case load which involves conducting individual intake evaluation and counseling sessions, providing referral to continuing care, and sharing responsibility for group programming.
2. Obtains and documents in a precise and timely matter all relevant intake material. Assesses patients’ continuing care needs, contacts appropriate aftercare resources and arranges for transfer or admission to appropriate rehabilitation facilities and/or liaison with self-help organizations.
3. Shares responsibility for education and other group programming, including recreation.
4. Responsible for all necessary paperwork and record keeping as directed.
5. Participates in client evaluations and case conferences.
6. When possible and/or requested, provided referrals for affected family members to self-help programs.
Bachelor's Degree (BA) or equivalent; or Associates degree in Human Services field; two to three years related experience and/or training in the area of chemical dependency. Knowledge of relevant community resources for continuing care/aftercare placement.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations; Certified Addiction Counselor (CAC) preferred.
Must be able to complete on-site CPR training/certification.
Must demonstrate ability to relate to a substance abuse treatment population in a sensitive manner, an interest and willingness to work in a multicultural setting and must share a customer service orientation. Manages difficult or emotional client situations; Responds promptly to client needs. Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming
The Lahey Model of Care—right care, right time, right place—is exactly what patients, providers and payers need and deserve. Identifying and delivering on this convergence of interests has positioned Lahey Health for further growth. Our model ensures care is highly coordinated and locally delivered, with lower costs and exceptional quality.
Lahey Health is a robust, regional system including a teaching hospital, community hospitals, primary care providers, specialists, behavioral and home health services, skilled nursing and rehabilitation facilities, and senior care resources throughout northeastern Massachusetts and southern New Hampshire. The system has a global presence with programs in Canada, Jordan and Bermuda.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.