About the Job
Registration & Scheduling Specialist
- Registers new and established patients, verifies & updates all insurance & demographic information and is accountable for collecting accurate data.
- Interacts with all patients when scheduling appointments to insure patient satisfaction. Identifies Workers Compensation, Automobile accident and self-pay insurance to insure accuracy of insurance information for timely billing.
- Notifies all patients by phone of any changes in appointments 100% of the time. All transactions: cancels, reschedules and bumped appointments.
- Demonstrates understanding of managed care guidelines and booking rules.
- Demonstrates understanding of Ref MD access rules and significance of inputting Ref MD information.
- Triages all appointments to appropriate resource, within 98% degree of accuracy and in appropriate time frame. Schedules multiple appointments in the proper sequence within appropriate time frames. Demonstrates an understanding of patients medical/surgical problems for timely access. Escalates questions/issues in a timely manner by seeking assistance from identified resources in order to facilitate access and patient/provider satisfaction. Demonstrates proactive problem solving skills to provide the best possible patient outcome.
- Enters all future appointment requests as REMINDERS appropriately making sure to indicate patient preferences or exclusions for dates and/or times. Interacts with patient when scheduling reminders to insure patient satisfaction and accuracy of demographic and insurance information.
- Accurately statuses appointments to insure timely billing.
- Collects accurate co-pay in accordance with established cash handling procedures and clinic guidelines.
- Verifies eligibility with 3rd party payers by way point of services devices (POS), batch internet technology and/or with follow-up interaction with the patient.
- Demonstrates exceptional customer service skills; responsiveness, empathy and willingness to assess and respond to individual patient needs 100% of the time. Demonstrates flexibility and willingness to work closely with internal customers to maximize patient satisfaction.
- Maintains a professional relationship with the Lahey Clinic Team 100% of the time. Maintains confidentiality of all patient information in accordance with Lahey Clinic Policies
- Incorporates Lahey Clinic Guiding Principles , Mission Statement and Goals into daily activities.
- Complies with all Lahey Clinic Policies.
- Complies with behavioral expectations of the department and Lahey Clinic.
- Maintains courteous and effective interactions with colleagues and patients.
- Demonstrates an understanding of the job description, performance expectations, and competency assessment.
- Demonstrates a commitment toward meeting and exceeding the needs of our customers and consistently adheres to Customer Service standards.
- Participates in departmental and/or interdepartmental quality improvement activities.
- Participates in and successfully completes Mandatory Education.
- Performs all other duties as needed or directed to meet the needs of the department.
Education: High School Diploma
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities: Requires excellent communication skills required to interface with patients and all levels of clinic personnel. Knowledge of medical terminology and anatomy. Knowledge of personal computers. In the absence of any of these skills, demonstrates the ability to be thoroughly trained to meet organizational standards.
Experience: 1 year of customer service experience; six months year personal computer experience.
SHIFT: 24 hours, 1st shift
The Lahey Model of Care—right care, right time, right place—is exactly what patients, providers and payers need and deserve. Identifying and delivering on this convergence of interests has positioned Lahey Health for further growth. Our model ensures care is highly coordinated and locally delivered, with lower costs and exceptional quality.
Lahey Health is a robust, regional system including a teaching hospital, community hospitals, primary care providers, specialists, behavioral and home health services, skilled nursing and rehabilitation facilities, and senior care resources throughout northeastern Massachusetts and southern New Hampshire. The system has a global presence with programs in Canada, Jordan and Bermuda.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.