Location: Burlington, MA
Job ID: 150725-1A
Date Posted: Jan 14, 2019
Lahey Health is a vibrant and growing health care system, recognized as a trailblazer in medicine and a standard bearer in patient experience. It includes an award-winning academic medical center, a superb constellation of community hospitals, home care services, rehabilitation facilities and more.
We are committed to attracting, developing and retaining top talent in a market long recognized and revered as a global leader in health. With a team approach to care, we encourage learning and growth at all levels, and we offer competitive salaries and benefits. We adhere to the principles of a just and fair work environment for all colleagues, where respect is foundational and performance is rewarded.
About the Job
Under the supervision of the department manager and/or supervisor and following established procedures, performs a variety of duties including assisting patients as they transfer between departments and picking-up and delivering mail, medical records, specimens and equipment.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities including but not limited to:
1) Patient Escort: Properly and safely uses wheelchairs and stretchers to transport patients throughout the clinic. Utilizes proper lifting techniques and all other safeguards as defined by Lahey Clinic. Assures accuracy by matching patient ID bracelet with information provided on escort request paperwork. Ensures that all relevant charts, records, and requisitions accompany the patient to all testing areas. Picks up and delivers all patient-related items as requested by the dispatcher. Inspects transport equipment prior to each transport to ensure that it is in proper working order, and reports any equipment that may be in need of repair. Responds to pages within five (5) minutes. Notifies dispatcher of any problems with or changes to an assigned call.
2) Messenger: Transports incoming and outgoing mail between departments; delivers patient charts to assigned floors.
3) Mail Room: Sorts incoming and outgoing mail. Applies appropriate postage, and prepares outgoing mail for pick-up. Maintains mail on shelves and cart in a neat and orderly manner. Inspects postage and mailing machines to ensure that they are in proper working order, and reports any equipment that may be in need of repair.
4) Equipment Transport: Ensures that oxygen tanks are properly filled to capacity prior to attempting patient transport. Ensures that all equipment used for transport is returned to its proper location upon completion of the call.
5) Incorporates Lahey Clinic Guiding Principles , Mission Statement and Goals into daily activities.
6) Complies with all Lahey Clinic Policies.
7) Complies with behavioral expectations of the department and Lahey Clinic.
8) Maintains courteous and effective interactions with colleagues and patients.
9) Demonstrates an understanding of the job description, performance expectations, and competency assessment.
10) Demonstrates a commitment toward meeting and exceeding the needs of our customers and consistently adheres to Customer Service standards.
11) Participates in departmental and/or interdepartmental quality improvement activities.
12) Participates in and successfully completes Mandatory Education.
13) Performs all other duties as needed or directed to meet the needs of the department.
Education: High school diploma or equivalent.
Licensure, Certification, Registration: None required
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities: Must be able to read, write and comprehend English and perform alpha-numeric sorting. In the absence of any of these skills, demonstrates the ability to be thoroughly trained to meet organizational standards.
Experience: 1 year of experience in a related setting.
Part Time, 20 Hrs, Shift info available opon request
The Lahey Model of Care—right care, right time, right place—is exactly what patients, providers and payers need and deserve. Identifying and delivering on this convergence of interests has positioned Lahey Health for further growth. Our model ensures care is highly coordinated and locally delivered, with lower costs and exceptional quality.
Lahey Health is a robust, regional system including a teaching hospital, community hospitals, primary care providers, specialists, behavioral and home health services, skilled nursing and rehabilitation facilities, and senior care resources throughout northeastern Massachusetts and southern New Hampshire. The system has a global presence with programs in Canada, Jordan and Bermuda.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.