Location: Burlington, MA
Job ID: 151057-1A
Date Posted: Dec 10, 2018
Lahey Health is a vibrant and growing health care system, recognized as a trailblazer in medicine and a standard bearer in patient experience. It includes an award-winning academic medical center, a superb constellation of community hospitals, home care services, rehabilitation facilities and more.
We are committed to attracting, developing and retaining top talent in a market long recognized and revered as a global leader in health. With a team approach to care, we encourage learning and growth at all levels, and we offer competitive salaries and benefits. We adhere to the principles of a just and fair work environment for all colleagues, where respect is foundational and performance is rewarded.
Full Time, 40 Hrs, Day Shift
Reporting to the Director of Volunteer & Community Services, the Coordinator will create a friendly, supportive and
welcoming environment in the Volunteer Office as it is the first contact for individuals interested in volunteering. Works
collaboratively with the Director in the planning and implementation of new volunteer initiatives that positively impact
the patient experience. The Coordinator is responsible for the daily operation of the volunteer program and
administrative support to the department.
1. Coordination of the summer junior volunteer program including interviewing prospective junior volunteers,
communicating to students who are and are not selected for the program, facilitating orientation and coordinating an
end of the program recognition event.
2. Troubleshoots operational issues and follows the proper chain of command to resolve concerns.
3. Screens applicants over the phone as well as applications that come in the mail.
4. Reschedules and adjusts volunteers for coverage as necessary. Contacts volunteers as necessary
5. Assists Director with planning programs consistent with patient and departmental needs as well as establishing
policies and procedures to support Volunteer Services.
6. Coordinates a pool of volunteers for short-term projects and provides ongoing oversight for all volunteers.
7. Assists with the coordination of the annual recognition events for adult and junior volunteers.
8. Serves as a liaison with local high schools in the planning of job shadow day in collaboration with Nursing Education.
9. Performs administrative functions including answering the phone, managing the volunteer database, organizing files,
ordering and maintaining office supplies and equipment.
10. Performs other duties as assigned
-High school diploma or equivalent required
-Bachelor's degree in business, communications, or related field preferred
-1+ year of strong customer service experience
The Lahey Model of Care—right care, right time, right place—is exactly what patients, providers and payers need and deserve. Identifying and delivering on this convergence of interests has positioned Lahey Health for further growth. Our model ensures care is highly coordinated and locally delivered, with lower costs and exceptional quality.
Lahey Health is a robust, regional system including a teaching hospital, community hospitals, primary care providers, specialists, behavioral and home health services, skilled nursing and rehabilitation facilities, and senior care resources throughout northeastern Massachusetts and southern New Hampshire. The system has a global presence with programs in Canada, Jordan and Bermuda.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.