Lahey Health is a vibrant and growing health care system, recognized as a trailblazer in medicine and a standard bearer in patient experience. It includes an award-winning academic medical center, a superb constellation of community hospitals, home care services, rehabilitation facilities and more.
We are committed to attracting, developing and retaining top talent in a market long recognized and revered as a global leader in health. With a team approach to care, we encourage learning and growth at all levels, and we offer competitive salaries and benefits. We adhere to the principles of a just and fair work environment for all colleagues, where respect is foundational and performance is rewarded.
Position Summary: Under general supervision, provides advanced and confidential administrative support, project management and business/clinical analytics requiring broad experience, skill and knowledge of Lahey Hospital and Medical Center policies and clinical/business practices including high level of patient quality and safety measurements. Collaborates with multiple departments and provides high-level project support and analytical services, providing project management, implementation and evaluation of data and services; communication; financial reporting and analysis; vendor evaluation; information systems; as it relates to the successful implementation of strategic goals and objectives of the department and the organization.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities including but not limited to:
- Administrative Support Provides confidential administrative support
- Compiles, types, revises, combines, edits, prints and stores documents such as letters, correspondence, memoranda, reports, and contracts using Microsoft office and other applications.
- Organizes and maintains office filing system including filing correspondence and other documents and files such materials in a timely manner.
- Anticipates, prepares or compiles materials, reports, files required for conferences, meetings, telephone calls, etc. and informs executive on business matters that need to be considered.
- Prepares internal communications for limited and wide distribution, announcing organization-wide events, notifying staff of meetings, preparing agenda and meeting minutes, etc.
- Makes arrangements for conferences and meetings, and assembles background materials as directed. May attend meetings and record and report on the proceedings.
- Manages calendar, makes travel arrangements for off-site meetings, screens telephone calls responding where appropriate or transmitting for response.
- Serves as liaison between with senior management and members of the Board of Trustees and Board of Governors pertaining to particularly sensitive and confidential matters.
- Screens telephone calls, visitors, and incoming correspondence; personally responds to requests for information concerning office procedures or where knowledge of topic or source is known; determines which requests should be handled by appropriate staff member, or other offices.
2. Project Support, Implementation and Evaluation
- Provides support for projects. Assists with special projects as assigned, and helps in executing projects designed to assist in the accomplishment of departmental and organizational objectives. Serves as departmental liaison for interdisciplinary or interdepartmental projects, as appropriate
- Assists with writing and developing documents such as RFPs, grants and project concept documents in support of the department strategic goals.
- Provides analysis and assists with project management as assigned to integrate information and business requirements to meet organizational needs. Collaborates with staff across the organization such as Providers, IT, Finance, HRIS, nurse leaders and other business units and departments to assist with the development and roll out of strategic initiatives.
- Assists in designing and maintaining databases and spreadsheets for nursing data collection as assigned.
- Identifies measurable outcomes, tracks and trends data for department initiatives and programs.
- Develops communication plans for assigned projects.
- As directed, writes, edits, and reviews specific department communications (internal and external) prior to dissemination.
- Completes and/or assists with financial, budget, and productivity reporting and analysis.
- Develops and presents cost benefit analyses to supports decision making.
- Serves as liaison with IT, Finance and HRIS.
- Serves as reserve administrator for assigned applications, such as SharePoint.
- Manages multiple departmental and interdepartmental shared drives.
- Reviews vendor information and makes recommendations regarding vendor selection.
Education: Associates degree in business administration, health management, or related field is required. Baccalaureate Degree is preferred.
Licensure, Certification, Registration: None
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities:
- Advanced interpersonl skills and tact are required as well as discretion, good judgment, organizational and management ability., initiative.
- Must be proficient in such computer applications such as MSWord, Excel, Powerpoint, Access and other software applications that may be required in the positon from time to time.
- Possesses a high level of initiative and resourcefulness, with the ability to work independently
- Highly organized, with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously. Exhibits flexibility in work assignments
- Knowledgeable in the design and implementation of administrative reports and summaries using database and spreadsheets
- Knowledge of budget prioritization, cost-avoidance, and like-system comparison methods
- Strong analytical abilities with attention to details
- Strong verbal communication and presentation skills
- Proven writing and editing skills in order to review, edit, and write departmental communications
Experience: Requires up to five years of progressive experience in managing an executive office and a minimum of three years current experience in a healthcare setting.